Sunday, April 19, 2020

Art Theme: Flowers

Another week in quarantine and another week of fun art. I very much look forward to Sunday to see all the fun things people have created. Some people are stretching their talents and learning new skills. Let's see what we came up with for the theme of Flowers. (Which was Pearl's theme)

This is stretching me too because I'm having to find new ways to put things on the blog. Not everything can be a picture. For instance, this awesome song that Tyler put together. He did NINE different parts and put them all on top of each other for his version of the song, Where Have All the Flowers Gone.


Here you can see all the parts he did. Pretty darn cool.


Daisy also had a fun idea that we forgot to share during the art show. (It is easy to leave things out by accident since we have so many.) She did a slide show with words of wisdom from the flowers. Click HERE to see the show. (I believe you can mouse scroll to see all the slides.)


And another fun slide show done by Ivory. She went out and about and took lots of pictures of flowers and then put them together to show us. I like the song choice for the background.


So awesome. Now to the picture art. These aren't in any particular order for our family. Artist and title are underneath.

Splatter Flower by Daisy and June

Enchanting Encounter by Robyn

No Rain, No Flowers by June

Bubble Blossoms by June

Lily by Robyn

Future Wedding Do by Daisy and Pearl

Spring Breeze by Maleen

Kissed by a Rose by Daisy

Alice's Iris by Maleen

Pearler Flower


That last one also was left out of the art show by accident. It was the last photo to edit and I forgot it. (Swiss cheese for a brain, I tell ya.)

We got some other fun entries from outside the house. Here are some from Grandma Dargan, Camie, and Christina.

Kitchen Daisy by Megan Dargan

Flowers by Megan Dargan

Rancho Relaxo by Camie Call

The Bride by Christina

So many fun ideas. Have I mentioned how much I love the variety? We can't forget the Hulse's. They had some great pieces for this theme.

Strange Flower by Henry

Flour by Jonny

El's Flower by Eleanor

You Can Call Me Flower by Bethany

Chalk Work by Jane

Hydrangea by Maggie

I was originally worried that flowers would  be too boring and we would see a lot of the same thing. How wrong I was. With all the creativity, I should never be worried. It is a wonderful thing that we all see the world differently.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Both Dad and I really liked the song that Ivory used with her flower pictures. We also liked "Spring Breeze" by Maleen and "Lily" by Robyn. I already mentioned that I liked the chalk drawing. But they all were good.