Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Flattered



She's cute, isn't she? I like her a lot, and apparently, she likes me too. I know we get along famously, because she laughs at almost all my jokes and we are attached at the hip (literally). In fact, I just want to eat her up (look at me trying in this picture).



I kind of felt this way with all my babies, but Daisy is the first one who seems to really care when I am gone. With all my children, there have been brief moments of separation anxiety, but I don't remember it happening this young.
I volunteer in June's class twice a month and that means an hour without Daisy (or I guess in her eyes, an hour without Mom). I think of her as such a mellow, pleasant child, that I am always surprised to hear that she cried a bit, or that she was not happy. Deanne mentioned that she did well today (only five or so minutes of crying), but when I dropped her off a second time in one day, I think she had had enough. I was only gone twenty minutes and I came back to find her bawling (sorry Sunny, thanks for loving on her anyway). I think she was honestly sad/mad that I left again.
So this is a bit new to me. I am sure she will grow out of it quickly, I say somewhat glumly. After all, it is flattering to be so loved.



By the way, I am adoring these little leggings I got her.

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Aw, that's sweet! And those leggings are pretty sweet too.

meganmushrat said...

I am always so pleased at how much you love your children. I am sure you don't get nearly as cross at them as I used to get at you! You certainly handle being a stay-at-home mom well, and I'm very proud of you. I also have to admit that I'm glad it's not ME trying to raise four little girls. Of course, my energy level isn't as high as it used to be . . .

K Cazier said...

I love your sweet baby!!! How sad that she misses you when you are gone, but how flattering as well! You truly are a fantastic Mom, no wonder your girls are so awesome!