Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Tooth Fairy is Going to be Ticked

I just got tagged where you are supposed to open your fourth folder and choose the fourth picture and blog about it.

So I opened my fourth folder and then opened the fourth folder located inside that and then found the fourth picture (we have a lot of pictures organized just so).



This is June eating Green Eggs and Ham (it was St. Patrick's Day—fitting for March, don't ya think?) She is so little in this picture; only two. In the meantime I have given up on green food and have instead invented the Leprechaun—I like that a lot more.

Opening that picture of course made me open many other folders and reminisce about my children growing so quickly. They do, you know.

Now if I could just teach June to stop swallowing her teeth. She had a second tooth that has been loose for so long that I really wasn't sure if it hadn't fallen out and she had put it back in to tease me. It wiggled in every direction and I couldn't see how it was still attached. Every day I asked her if I could pull it out and every day she said NO! I warned her at every meal to be careful of her extremely loose tooth. All to no avail. Yep, she ate it with dinner tonight. Awesome.



I'm not asking next time...I'm pulling.

6 comments:

Kayla said...

Oh, poor June! She's eaten 2 teeth? My parents never asked, they just pulled. I hated it, but I'm also grateful I never swallowed teeth. I have a teeth/mouth/nose-phobia, so I am lucky my parents pulled! And June is so cute in the St. Patricks day picture. She looks like I remember her.

The Simpson Times said...

Thanks for taking the Tagged thing seriously....I figured it would be lots of fun to maybe open up an old picture and blog about it! We have a new computer so all of our pics are recent, but I figured someone would have an older one! Maybe you could get June to let you pull the tooth if you told her that teeth are going to start growing inside her stomach...ewww - just kidding!

Katie said...

I can't believe that she's eaten two teeth now! How funny. She is two cute. My parents used to do that, they'd be looking at my tooth and talking to me about other things, ask if they could pull it and I'd say no, then a second later they would have the tooth in their fingers and not in my mouth. They just distracted me enough that I didnt know what they were doing. I was pretty easily distracted though... still am. :)

Deanne said...

Darin prefers letting teeth come out on their own. I am a puller. The ultra wiggly-ness gives me the heebie-jeebies. Hopefully her teeth swallowing days are over! At least the tooth fairy has proof (in the form of a hole in her mouth)that the tooth really did fall out.

¡Vieve! said...

Swallowing teeth is so one of my greatest fears, I don't even know why. Especially since I'm past the age of losing teeth.

Sheri Ann said...

Hi! I’m running a “Toothy Kid Photo Contest.” I hope you’ll decide to enter. You might win a copy of my children’s picture book!! Deadline: April 15.

Details on my tooth fairy blog: http://tinyurl.com/ahrvev

Sheri Bell-Rehwoldt
Author, You Think It’s Easy Being the Tooth Fairy?