Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Mom



Roses are Red
Violets are blue
If I had your talent
Then this would rhyme

This Mother's Day, I would like to highlight something about my mother that I LOVE. She is incredibly blessed with the ability to write anything and everything. It could be a story, song, or poem; it all sounds great. When they talk about God-given talents, I know that the Lord gave her this one and she has NOT disappointed him by hiding it away. My whole life she was quick to think up fun little rhymes. Then as I got older, she made songs and longer poems. Now she has even written her own play and short stories. Why she hasn't written a novel is beyond me. I admire her ability beyond words (ha ha). I told her I want a copy of all the stuff she has written to show my children someday (I still want that Mom...you are not off the hook yet).

You are a great mom, but I just wanted you to know that one of my favorite things about you is your gift with words.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
No one gives life
To words like you

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

What a wonderful tribute! I feel humbled by your compliments. The wonderful thing is that I think I enjoy writing (or reciting)them almost more than other people enjoy reading or hearing them. I am probably my own best audience. (So much for humility!) I must say that the best part of being a mother is having a daughter like you.