Saturday, July 31, 2010

We Took the Minis Mini-Golfing



I heart miniature golfing. It was something we did fairly often when I was a kid. The place we went to had ribbons for everyone that played and let me tell you that I got very sick of the white 'fourth' place ribbon. (There being four people in my family.) And I remember that when I finally got the 'third' place ribbon, my sister refused to play anymore. (Fine by me, less people to beat.) Eventually, I was a real contender and I would consistently take the second or first place ribbon. Needless to say, miniature golf holds a special place in my heart.

I have taken my girls before, but I think Ivory was a baby, so it has been a while. So it was all new for the girls, but they took to it quickly. Both June and Robyn did a very good job.



Ivory got bored and watched after the first few holes and Daisy was a constant obstacle. She would randomly walk across the course, so you had to time it correctly to not run into her; much like the door on the windmill. Speaking of the windmill, Robyn got our only hole-in-one there, unless you count mine on the last hole.

It was a close competition, but after all these years, I've still got it. Here you can see Tyler in the background rechecking his math seeing if perhaps he won after all. (NOPE.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm loving the 3 different looks on your girls faces. Fun times.

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

Too FUNNY! I love miniature golfing but I haven't been since I was a teen. I will have to see if I can convince Shawn to go.....hmmmm...... Anyways, I too love the look on your girls' faces! So adorable!