Saturday, April 7, 2018

Alaskan Spring

Paint Nite is so fun and you have probably seen more paintings on here than you care to see by one person who is neither famous or skilled. Regardless, we really enjoy going, so if you frequent this corner of cyber space, you will see more paintings. Even now...

Grandma Dargan gave June a Paint Nite gift card, but as far as I know, there is only one location around here that is a non-drinking-minor-allowing. So that limited our options quite a bit. Add to that a busy teenager schedule and we were coming up short with a time to go paint that actually included a painting we wanted to do. In fact, it took six months for the stars to align. (Which is rather ironic, because three weeks later, they opened up Paint Nite to kids and had dozens of options.)

Anyway, we chose our painting and our night and away we went.

We arrived and found our spot and immediately took a blurry selfie because that is a requirement of Paint Nite.


Our scene was a mountain scape overlooking a lake. We started on the background. You can see June working on her blues here.


Now for some mountains.


Here are my mountains going in.


And June filling in her mountains.


Somewhere along the way, June managed to blink out a contact, and I hear vision is important for painting. So we called our knight in shining armor and he came with an extra contact and backup glasses. And he took a picture for us. You can see we are hard at work.


Not sure when June got green on her eyebrow, but it makes me laugh every time I see the pictures. Here she is working on the sky, but check out her sinister green eyebrow.


Filling in the flowers was very fun and colorful. Doing the clouds stressed me out. I don't think I excel at clouds.


This painting used more colors than the others I have done. I was running out of space to mix colors on my plate. Check out the carnage.


Because of the contact mishap and possibly because June has a bit of a meticulous side, we ended up being the last people there. Everyone is clearing out and June is finishing her flowers.


But it was worth the extra time. They ended up looking quite lovely in my opinion.


And now that they have kids' paint nites, I will probably take my other kids out eventually. For now, we are still trying to find places for all the paintings in our house.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Awesome job, both of you. I would like to go again, but I don't really want to go alone, and I don't think anybody else in the house is interested. Bunch of losers I live with.....