Tuesday, October 16, 2018

White Fete Fiesta!

Depending on what is happening in August, Fete Day can get moved around quite a bit, or forgotten entirely. With school starting around the same time, it gets a little squished. And this last August with Lake Powell, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to pull it off. Then I had a brilliant idea: We have game night almost every Sunday. So I decided we would invite the same people we always have over and just ask them to dress in white and bring a gift. Instant Fete Day. It worked like a charm.

Here are the kids getting ready in their white attire.


We took a break from Secret Hitler for the night and played some party games. We played My Team and Share Your Seat and then Four on a Couch. As people came in, they chose a bead and were assigned the white team or the black team, denoted by the stripes under the eyes. It worked very well.


This picture was my only proof that Danja came. She played all the games but had to leave when we opened gifts. But June ran up to her house later to bring her cake and take a picture.



Games were so fun. Four on the Couch was pretty even. The white team won the first game so quickly, but the black team came back to win the second fair and square (with some minor cheating).

Then we opened gifts. We had such fun things. White is an easy color to find a gift in.


Robyn made Secret Hitler socks for Nate. Classic.



My gift was in two bags. I gave Curtis my powdered sugar shaker. It was practically brand new when I washed it out. The joke is on me. I ordered another one, but they don't make the white ones anymore. So it was more of a gift than I planned, but there isn't a better person to have it.



Curtis in turn gave Camie ice cream from Rockwell where he works. That is magical.


In fact, ice cream is always a part of Fete Day. Don't forgot our traditional ice cream cake for dessert. I needed two cakes for this crowd.


It was such a fun Fete Day with such a fun bunch. We are such a random group with different ages, but we all enjoy having a good time. (And who doesn't like presents and cake. Except maybe Jake who we found out was diabetic after we gave him donuts and soda. Oops.)

Back: Camie, Nate, Jake, Curtis. Middle: June, Kevin, Robyn, Maleen. Front: Emma, Pearl, Daisy, Ivory.
 Don't forget the picture taker. Without you Tyler, there would be no proof of Fete Day. I'm really glad you pretended to take pictures for us and took selfies instead so we have a shot of you!


Happy Fete Day everyone. Until next year...

No comments: