Friday, November 16, 2018

You're All My Heart Ever Talks About

Since you saw the anniversary pictures, I figure I should drop the other shoe and finish up our anniversary. We didn't take that many pictures. We just had a great relaxing day together.

Tyler sent me flowers at work. Super sweet. They were beautiful. I'm a sucker for daisies. (Go figure.)


We have done a couple massage before, but I'm not really a massage person. I would rather get a pedicure. Tyler has done them with me before, but it seems like a lot of money when he isn't even going to get a color. So we split the difference. In the morning, Tyler went and got a massage and I got a pedicure. Aren't we romantic? But it was very relaxing and nice. And then we got back together for the rest of the day.

We did some shopping. We hit the outlet stores at Traverse Mountain, but we learned quickly that we aren't name brand people. We happily came back to Target to grab some clothes. (Seriously. Target is a favorite. I just don't want to pay a lot for my clothes.) I did get some earrings at H&M. See if you can spot them in our anniversary pictures.

We had a bottle of bubbly on hand so I sabered it while we were at home. I must say I'm quite impressed with this one.


Then we did pictures with Robyn. It was really a lovely day. Not too cold, which was nice because it has been much colder this fall. From pictures we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. I think my favorite thing there is the Snake Bites. I could go and eat just those. I have definitely been converted to spicy by my lovely husband.

We did stop by Trader Joe's after dinner to grab chocolate covered blueberries. It is a tradition. Then we were off to the Hines Mansion. We have gone there once before. It is nice and cozy and not too far from home. Last time we were in the Library. This time we escaped to the Seaside.


The room was very cute and every room has a great jetted tub. That is by far Tyler's favorite part. I really wish we had a nice tub at home. (Although he might never come out.) The tub was so fun with big mirrors. And there was a cool window with a boat in it between the two rooms.



Tyler taught me how to play poker. I've only played Black Jack. But now I know Texas Hold'em. I'm not very good, but I'm assuming it would be more exciting with more than two players.

No selfies for us. (We just weren't thinking of pictures really. We had already taken all the ones we needed earlier in the day.) But Tyler did catch one of me reading and I caught him sleeping. Cutie pie.



My only regret was that we missed breakfast the next morning. Kids had activities bright and early and we couldn't stay until 9:30. I remember the breakfast being really good before. We stopped and got Kolaches instead for us and the kids. (They probably were more happy with that anyway.)

We also planned our dates for the year throughout the day. I'm looking forward to flea markets, a murder mystery, zip-lining, and much more. It is always an adventure with Tyler. I couldn't imagine a better companion through life. We are setting sail into our 20th year. I'm not seasick yet. ;)

No comments: