Sunday, May 3, 2020

Art Theme: Contrast

Contrast was Christina's theme. It turned out to be so fun and we had such a wide variety of art pieces. Let's start with Christina's piece because she began this journey.

Night and Day by Christina

Hannah also submitted an art piece. Such a fun idea.

Humphrey by Hannah

Let's see what we Cazier's came up with.

Two Sided by Pearl

Match Maker by June

Stairs by Daisy

Covered by Maleen

Tipsy Turvy by Maleen

Tears of Contrast by June

Music Makes Love by Daisy

Contrast Flower by Pearl

Meow Moon Meow Sun by Daisy

Tyler had a whole story to go with his. He found this photo online. It was taken during the Vietnam war. It is American soldiers helping a Vietcong soldier.

Soldiers with an injured Vietcong, Vietnam, 1968 © Philip Jones Griffiths/Magnum Photos

He then painted it in photoshop.


I'm very impressed. I think it would be really hard to get the colors right. This gif is cool as it goes back and forth between the two pictures. 


A few more from our family.

Rights vs. Reality by Pearl

Trick of the Eyes by Ivory

Hippie by Robyn

Split Atmospheres by Ivory

Arctic Dream by Robyn

Grandma Dargan came up with some fun art. It is really fun to study all the faces in the second one.


Final Destination by Megan

Faces of Humanity by Megan

Can't forget the Hulse's. What they lack in quantity this week, they make up in quality. This video is awesome sauce itself.


And a couple more pieces from the Hulse's.

Chalk Shading by Maggie

My Heart is Brite by Eleanor

One more. I didn't enter this with today's art, but I finished it this week and I'm very proud of it. And I think it fits very well with the theme of contrast. The picture of this piece was originally done on a beige background. I've always loved the image, but I decided to do in on a navy material so there would be more contrast for the stars. I think it turned out very well. (To be clear. I finished it this week, but I started it over a year ago. Takes a bit more time to crosstitch.)

Star Gazer by Maleen
What a fun theme. Next week is Ocean. Should be deep...

No comments: