Friday, May 15, 2020

Pearl's 10 Year Gallery

Sure, I'm a little behind on birthday pictures, but we have plenty of time to get them done...eventually. I usually look for overcast days so I don't have to fight with harsh shadows, but sometimes it is just the right day to go no matter what. And that was this day. Pearl and I headed over to a park and we had a lot of fun.



She is ten now. Double digits and so fun. Pearl is pretty fantastic. For being the baby, she holds her own with jokes and sass and general intelligence. Just this morning, Ivory was talking about how her pants didn't fit her anymore. We all may have gained a few pounds sitting around doing nothing. I said:

"Corona" and Pearl piped right in with, "You've Grown-uh."

For being so smart, she still struggles with being a perfectionist and not wanting to be corrected or get anything wrong. She still throws the occasional tantrum...but frankly, so do I.

The good in Pearl far outweighs any negative aspects. She is the sweetest girl and she constantly writes me nice notes to perk up my days and make me feel better. Enough blathering. Let's see some cute pictures.











Going out for a treat was a little trickier. We tried See's candy, but you have to order online and just come for pickup. We tried Mora, but it was closed. We finally settled on Kneader's because it has drive through. We forgot to get a picture of our treats, but today we snapped one with the free pumpkin bread they gave us. Bonus. It is fun to spend time with Pearl. She is a keeper.

No comments: