Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Let's All Scream Together!

We got to do some fun activities right near Halloween. First up, we went to Witches Night Out that Kathi hosts. It is always a great time. She has great decorations and food. I think most of my witches hats I own because of her party.

I brought two little witches with me. Can I say little when Daisy is taller than me?

She really has some great decor. I love the skeleton spider.


It was really chilly and only got colder as the night progressed. But Kathi was prepared and there were heaters and fire rings all around so you could stay toasty. (Or try.)

I got some pictures with my favorite witches.


Actually, I wish I had gotten a picture with Jori and Elizabeth. They both work at school with me and are awesome gals. You can almost see Jori in the picture on the right.

We played some fun games, like Name that Tune. At one point Kathi said, "I don't even know what this next one is, but I'll read it anyway. 'Boys and Girls of every age..." That's as far as she got before I yelled out the answer. Who doesn't know Nightmare Before Christmas?? Well, Kathi obviously. We also played Bingo and everyone at my table got a bingo at some point.

It was a super fun evening. I loved that Daisy was dancing with everyone. I was too cold by that point. Brrr.

The next night we hosted our scary movie night. I feel bad that we didn't get Camie and Nate to come. But they saw the kids while we were on the cruise.

Robyn dressed up for a good scare. Clowns really do scare me. Along with dolls.

We had a good range of spooky treats. It was Pearl's idea for the spiders and tombstones and Robyn somehow managed to make a bat with sprinkles. How does she do it?




Robyn even cleaned. Blessed day. Is there anything better than coming home to a clean house? Especially when you aren't expecting it. That made it a great night for me.

Check out this reflection in the glass. I for sure thought it was Ivory and then realized it was a pineapple, so it must be Pearl. Even I can't tell them apart sometimes.

We lit our pumpkins to welcome guests. They were all a bit sad by then except for this newer one that Ivory carved at Mutual. Since he won't make the pumpkin post, I put him here.

We had a really good time. We watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. It was intense. And John Goodman was so crazy! The girls may never be able to listen to Pacha and feel the same. I really liked it. The ending...well, if you've seen it, you know. Maddie and Basil joined us to watch. Scary movies are always better with more people!

Basil stayed late and played Mau with us. He was a new comer and it was really fun. My favorite rule was that you had to add something to the Alexa shopping list. These were some of the best things added. 

Tickets to Hawaii for seven
Will to Live
The Master of the House
Anti Furniture
Kodiak Bear
Huevos Rancheros
Floral Print
Hinkum Booby
Pile of Rascal
Quidditch

(Maybe I'll just make this my Christmas wish list...)

Good times. I do enjoy a movie where I grip Tyler's arm and say, "I just want the movie to end." Sigh. 

Until next year...

No comments: