Tuesday, November 8, 2022

We are Fairy Godmothers

I figured out recently that we are fairy godmothers. After all, we can transform a pumpkin just as well as she can. We call it carving, but I'm thinking it's basically the same thing, minus a few wheels and gilt lining.

I should mention that we were missing a couple people this year. June is an obvious one, but Robyn was gone in Wyoming the week we went to Jaker's. So she missed out on getting a pumpkin and carving. Lo siento. Tyler was there, but never got himself a pumpkin, so he also missed out. I was just happy to have an evening where the three girls were home long enough to pick up knives and go to town. (And in Daisy's case, get a rash. Her skin really hates pumpkin guts.) We are ready to go full-on fairy godmother on these bad boys.




I didn't take a lot of pictures since I was carving, but you can see the after-carnage.

Okay, shall we see the finished products? I'm up first, since I was done first. Bet you can't tell what it is. I'm actually super proud of the carving, but I didn't use a pattern, I just drew it on myself, and the proportions aren't quite right.


Any guesses? It's a Xenomorph from Alien. I had just watched the edited version with Ivory shortly before and it seemed like a fun idea, if not expertly executed...

Pearl's was so cool, and her own idea and design. 


I love the snake tongue.

I think Ivory's was supposed to be creepy with the stitched eyes, but I just thought it was cute, and a little like a haunted house. Actually, it also reminds me of the beast in Krull. (Not sure why?)


Aaaaaahhhhhh!! Let's all scream together. Or is that a big yawn?


I like this picture. It is sneaky. Pearl is not actually licking that piece of pumpkin. 

Nova was very interested as we went in and out, lighting pumpkins. Not interested in the pumpkins really, but in the chance to escape and terrorize the neighborhood. 

I sprayed the pumpkins with a vinegar spray in hopes they would last longer. Maybe it helped? I'm not sure, but we as usual, we didn't move them off the porch soon enough. When Ivory finally cleaned them up, mine ripped right in two. The furry squad had moved in and put in ultra shag carpeting.

But Pearl's actually looked more snakelike, which is awesome.

So what do you think? Time to spruce up our resumes and look for princesses? Since I think we are very adequate fairy godmothers.

No comments: