Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Spooky Scary Skeletons Night

(October 31st, 2022 Also, the 29th)

If you think about it, Halloween is actually a stressful time of year. It is hard to get everyone in costume (sometimes more than once), get to all the right activities, spend a cold night walking around, possibly feel sick from eating too much candy, go to bed late and get up the next day and try to feel normal, whilst also knowing that you now need to put away all the decorations since it is November. See? What a joyful holiday.

But we do it every year and enjoy most of it. Let's take a look at this year's festivities.

As I mentioned before, Tyler decided last minute to be the Dad Joker. And Robyn was a trooper to do his makeup, since she basically did makeup for everyone. 


We had our ward trunk or treat the Saturday before. I grabbed some last minute decorations to hang and we called it good. No, we did not win any awards, but I didn't care and Robyn was so kind to hand out candy. 


Our ward is kind of intense when it comes to food. For the last couple of activities, they keep roasting whole pigs. This doesn't seem necessary to me, but it does make a statement. 


The problem with a trunk or treat is that once your car is at the church, you can't leave. Tyler brought the Grom and it was a hit. Aric borrowed it to run back to his house to grab something, and later Tyler took Bob back to his house as well. 


We saw some friends there.


And some enemies. The Dad Joker found his nemesis. Little Batman was definitely not sure about Tyler, but he was cute to play along. And Tyler made a fun picture. Can't you hear the sound effects?



Some of the trunks were awesome. The Hale's had a spooky set-up that you had to reach into. If you wanted a full size candy bar, you had to reach into the ice spaghetti noodles. It was gross, but I took one for the team.


The Wiszt's had the coolest trunk in my opinion. In fact, Janille made all her kids' costumes and they were fantastic. I had no idea my super sporty friend is also plenty crafty.





The evening was really yummy with lots of good food. I was stuffed. A stuffed cactus. :) I came home to find the Joker on my couch. Did you know villains relax at home too?


Fast forward to actual Halloween. The kids wore their costumes to school. Pearl's good friend, Makelle, was a pineapple too. Aren't they cute?


I was surprised how many teachers dressed up this year. Some years we don't get much participation, but our faculty rocked this year.


In the evening, the youngun's went trick or treating with Tyler. I stayed home, handed out candy, and made a Halloween dinner. This consisted of Butternut Squash soup and purple rolls. The purple didn't turn out exactly as I planned, but it was a fun idea.


Meanwhile, the kids were loading up on candy. They had a great time. Daisy gave up on her other costume and went as Little Red Riding Hood. 


The kids made sure to go to the electrocution house. Does it make the candy taste different?


Hmm...I thought cats were supposed to have glowing eyes.


I love that some people go all out for Halloween.


When the kids had more candy than would fit in my stash drawer, they came back and we all went over to the Turner's to see their haunted house. It wasn't very big, but I was very impressed. The black light made us look awesome. 



By far the spookiest part was the hanging dolls. They were bloody and pieces were all over the ground. I hate dolls. Daisy screamed a lot, but mostly because Ryder kept jumping out and scaring her. :)


It was a pretty good night. We didn't have many kids in our neighborhood, as usual. Sigh. Our area is kind of lame. Oh well. The kids roam farther and come back with a hoard and then I make sure to grab a couple of my favorites. Please feed the cactus. 


Happy Halloween!

No comments: