Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm THIS many



Yep, Robyn turned 5 today. I will speak for her and say that she had a fabulous day; from start to finish.

She had school today and naturally she was in the spotlight. Well, she was actually supposed to bring in a poster about herself, but instead we brought in this.



I think the kids were down with that. I am so proud of myself for coming up with it. It is just a hat box with fun paper on the outside and then a piece of foam in the top (amazingly the foam was just the right size...what are the chances?). Anyway, I think it turned out cute.

After school, Robyn got her balloon bouquet (five balloons for five years) and I decided to mix it up with some cheetah balloons. I think she liked them.



Most of the festivities we saved for the evening.



This cake is so much more than it seems. It has several layers including cheesecake and brownie (I heard cheesecake and couldn't resist). It was too much for everyone. Well, I shouldn't say that...Ivory, my true sweet tooth, was the only one who finished her whole piece.

I love cute shots with people blowing out the candles.



I know some people just think of it as spitting on the cake, but I say, Make a wish and bring on the spit!

The presents were adored, and we even got one of those great fake astounded looks.



Classic.

Finally, the evening ended in the birthday girl's chosen activity. I gave her many options and the winner was...BUILD-A-BEAR.

I had never gone before because I figured it would be overpriced. It was. At the same time, I totally loved it. We got a sitter for the other girls so Tyler and I could focus on Robyn. The people there were fantastic. The whole set-up was creative, and magical. They had her pick out a little heart for her animal and she rubbed it in her hand to warm it up. Then they had her rub it on her cheek to give it some pretty, then on her head to give it smarts, and then on her tummy for satisfaction and happiness. Robyn chose a dog instead of a bear, and 'Rainbow' even came with a baby dog she can hold in her mouth. She has a beautiful dress and a bed of her very own. I think they will have a good home.



Now my five year old is in bed, but dreams will have to wait. She is busy teaching Ivory the hokey-pokey. She plans on taking her five year old responsibilities very seriously.

4 comments:

Heather A said...

Sounds like a good day. You do a good job of making your kids feel special!

Cindy B said...

What a totally fun birthday! Incidentally, if you have any cake left, I'm sure I could handle it!

Doug and Becca said...

I love the cakes. You are so creative. How do you do it?

Emma Jo said...

I love the header with all of your eyes. I haven't commented in way too long so here it goes...
Love Fablehaven (just ordered a copy to read to the girls.)
Love little girl birthdays and good reactions and balloons and delicious sounding cakes and cute kids.
While in Utah last week I kept thinking I would somehow run into you so I could meet you and your adorable children...does that freak you out? I would have acted as normal as possible.