Thursday, October 1, 2009

Color Me a Birthday



Very last minute I thought June might enjoy going to Color Me Mine for her birthday. The girl loves art, as evidenced by her birthday pick earlier in the month. Grandma Cazier takes them to ToysRUs and lets them pick ONE thing. This was June's pick; an art kit.



And that is Daisy getting into the art kit, naturally.

So, we threw everything together last minute (thanks Moms for letting friends come on such short notice) and we partied artsy-fartsy style.

The girls loved it. Everyone chose a piece they liked and got right down to business.



My main job was refilling paint colors and watching the artists at work. I can definitely get on board with this kind of party. I tried not to interfere with the natural creativity, but I did stop long enough to paint some eyelashes on Robyn's unicorn.



There was a chalk-board to use if you were done painting and the girls made good use of that.



Then it was time for cake.



This is the cake that inspired the whole party theme (I love the little paint brushes on the side). I saw it on Family Fun and some Mom had mentioned that she had made it for a painting party. I was sold. And you gotta love Color Me Mine because they had candles when I had forgotten them, and no birthday is complete without someone spitting on the cake.



I had used gel icing to put the colors on the cake and I should have realized the end result, but it was still a little shocking.



The finished products won't be ready until Monday, but I am excited to see the end result. It certainly wasn't the cheapest party (we would probably have saved money by going to Build-a-Bear), but I think the girls had a blast and created some great pieces and memories.

3 comments:

Scott and Svetlana said...

What a nice birthday gift! And a fun outcome with colored tongs :)

Emilie said...

Taylen had such a great time, she just raved about it! I will have to go sometime, thanks for a fun party!

¡Vieve! said...

That looks like so much fun!