Monday, November 30, 2009

Ode to Emilie

I am sorry that I mentioned a meal yesterday without posting a recipe. I actually thought about including the recipe, but it was all the way downstairs in my kitchen (laziness at its best). So without further ado, I give you Emilie's Crock Pot Lasagna:

1 jar spaghetti sauce
Lasagna noodles
1 jar Alfredo sauce
Mozzarella cheese (1 lb.)
1 can of tomato paste (I don't actually use this ingredient)
1/2 lb browned hamburger (mix with spaghetti sauce and tomato paste)

Layer in this order until you run out of ingredients (I do two layers)

1. Sauce and meat
2. Noodles
3. Alfredo Sauce
4. Cheese

Cook on low for four hours

Ah...yumminess. Certainly not low-fat, but that is not what I am looking for after three hours of church. I want some serious comfort food.

Emilie, I don't know if you made this up, but it sure is tasty, and I hope you have your baby sooner than later. I have my fingers crossed.

5 comments:

Emilie said...

Wow, I feel like a celebrity being mentioned on YOUR blog! I did not make up the recipe, but oddly enough I don't use the tomato paste either. I think I will make that for dinner tomorrow, it is one of my favorites for sure.

skye said...

Sounds delicious! Just to make sure, are the lasagna noodles the regular kind or the non-cook kind?

Either way, that's what's for dinner tomorrow! :)

¡Vieve! said...

That looks so good! If I were a cook, I would make that. Or I'll give the recipe to someone, and make them make it for me.

Desmama said...

Totally made this tonight for dinner. You are a darling for posting it. It was delicious.

Deanne said...

You read my mind. I was going to request the recipe after you posted about it. Can't wait to make it!