Sunday, September 11, 2016

It's Unanimous...We All Like to Read

That reminds me of a quote from the quote book. (By the way...it is about time for another post with quotes, isn't it? Just one for today though.)

June: The vote is unanimous, 3 out of 5 people like Welch's more than Mott's!
Mom: I don't think you know what unanimous means.

_____________________________________________________________

I am currently somewhere in Week 10 of the summer, but I'm doing the week backwards. That is just how it goes sometimes. We baptized Daisy on Saturday, so let's go back to Friday night. It was a momentous occasion. We rarely get family together from out of town, and we had all our members from the family book group in one place. No Skype necessary.

We have read some great books together. This month it happened to be Miranda's pick...the Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. Don't be shocked, but the Narnia series is not my favorite. I read/was read them when I was a kid and I never got all the hype. They are okay. But it was fun to reread how it all started. I didn't remember it all from when I was little.

I made a treat to go with the book (on Miranda's suggestion). It didn't turn out how I imagined exactly. Any of you who have read the book, can you guess what this is??


It is supposed to be the wood between worlds. The ponds turned out perfectly. See how I used blue jello circles and put them in the green? But I couldn't get the 'trees' to stay standing. I guess the jello needed to be thicker. Oh well. It was still yummy. Even those weird key lime marshmallows. (By the way, the jello is not spotted. That is just the counter underneath.)


I also got green and yellow M&Ms in honor of the rings which transported the kids back and forth from their world.


It was a very fun evening. I really enjoy reading with my crew of ladies.



Miranda and I should be taking off any minute. She's wearing the yellow ring for transport, but I should get us back with my green ring. (Or is it the other way around?)


It has been so fun to have this family book group. We only have two more books for the year, and I'm already excited to pick a new book. We'll see if we can convince Ivory or Tim to rejoin us.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

I haven't been able to get either of the rings to work for me. I guess the woods between the worlds is off limits to me. Let me know if you have better luck.