Monday, December 12, 2016

The Stand Up Sandwich

I'm kind of in love with 3 guys right now. Mr. Cazier (of course), Mr. Stubbs, and Mr. Newman. They make my tastebuds sing.

I have created a new sandwich and I named it, and I inhale it when it is available to me.

For a little backstory, Tyler makes the best chicken in the world, as far as I can tell. The flavor is incredible. It is super moist. It is just as tasty the next day. If we have leftover chicken (which we don't unless I make him grill a large batch) I'll cut some slices and make a sandwich. Doug Houck was the one who suggested that I use a little ranch and BBQ sauce to give it a good kick.

The other day, I ran out of ranch. But there was some Caesar in the fridge, so I gave it a go. Wow. Can I just say WOW!

If you add some roma tomato it is a sandwich for the ages. I call it the Stand Up Sandwich, because after I make it, I don't bother finding a seat. I eat it right there, where I'm standing. (Careful, it will drip a little.)

I felt this information needed to be shared. However, I feel guilty, because Tyler's grilled chicken is not something you can pick up at the store. You could try to make this sandwich with chicken you have on hand. Or you may know someone who is a grilling master.

Or come over to my place. I just had Tyler grill up some extra chicken. I know what I'm having for lunch this week.

Thanks to these three men.






*There is no connection to watermelon. That just happens to be the picture I grabbed of Tyler.

Recipe: Stand Up Sandwich

Grilled Chicken
Stubb's Original BBQ Sauce
Newman's Creamy Caesar
Roma Tomato
Your choice of bread

Slice your chicken to your desired thickness. (Mine is about 1/4 inch). Put a little BBQ and Casear on top and microwave it for 30 seconds to warm it up. Toast your bread and butter it. Layer chicken slices on bread with some tomato slices on top. Stay standing and eat!

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

I think I might like it minus the tomatoes.