Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Then we shall cause quite a stir, for I shall dress to match

Bonus points to anyone who gets that movie quote.*

So, I've noticed that sometimes we carve pumpkins to match the costumes we will be wearing. Not something identical, but something that goes with it. Like last year when Robyn did the robot hand to go with her Cinder costume. Or when I did the phantom pumpkin. Or WAY back in the day when we carved pumpkins to go with super girl, a unicorn, and Nemo. This year, I was surprised that we had a few matching pumpkins.

We carved over fall break. Please excuse Tyler from all these activities. He was at Front Sight. He did not realize that he scheduled it over fall break, but that was okay. We just played without him and he played without us. One involved pumpkins...the other involved guns.

We did get Radi to come down and carve with us. Look at everyone go. I don't always get pictures because sometimes I am too busy carving.





Now, let's look at some Before and After shots. See if you can guess which ones go with costumes.














There were only three. Robyn did Robin. (Haha. I picked out that costume for her.) Ivory did a rose to go with her Beauty theme. (Her rose was amazing.) And Radi did a ninja turtle. I actually never saw him dressed up but that is what he said he was going to be. (Oh, Daisy's pumpkin went with June's costume. I didn't realize that until right now.)

The pumpkins looked great glowing on the front porch.



They looked less great a week later. I keep thinking I will use one of those hacks online to make my pumpkins last longer, but I never do. I actually don't mind the mold and watching them slowly sink into themselves. It is like watching my life in fast forward.


I don't enjoy pumpkin guts but there is nothing to replace these priceless memories.

*The quote was from "A Knight's Tale."

No comments: