Thursday, May 24, 2018

April Flew In and Out

Hello.

Enjoying the Spring? It won't be here for long.

Summer is rushing up to us. School's execution is imminent.

Let's go back for a minute and see how much fun we had last month.

Robyn is intent on catching up to me in height. She isn't quite there, although from this picture, she sure looks close. I think I still have an inch on her.


We have taken up game nights on Sundays. This particular night we had a crowd. Allie wore her helmet and didn't take it off the whole time. I guess it can get pretty rough at game night.


I found this fun little photo shoot on my phone. Check out the last one. Robyn is quite the beauty.





Don't worry Granny V. We made sure to get our flip flops. Such fun designs this year. This picture makes me so happy.


My mom was in town over Spring Break. It was so fun. It went fast and we were sad to see her go. Ivory took her to the airport with me. Three generations.


Tyler has been working very hard recently. (Well, he always works hard.) He fell asleep with the pillow and I couldn't help myself to add some embellishment.


June and I went to the pet store one day so she could get more animal encounters. There was this funny ferret that was sleeping, but it looked like it was dead. I had to go close to see that it was breathing. It takes a certain variety to sleep in such a position. I think I have seen Ivory like this before...


Love this silhouette picture. Robyn was reading after her piano lesson. She and Daisy take turns. I think it is lovely.


A couple of the girls had curls when they were little. Robyn and June still have the wispies that curl when their hair is wet. Here is a ringlet at the base of Robyn's neck. So adorable. She is not a fan of my adoration.


Track was fun this year. Check out this picture of Warren killing it in the 50 meter. He was always a few body lengths ahead.


June did a good job in distance, but she didn't have much improvement because she was nursing her shin splints most of the time. She actually made it to Alpine Days, but she was sick when it was time to run. I did not let her. And so track ended.


Mid April, we were still getting flurries of snow. It didn't stick, but it was still cold. Ironically, even on good days it sometimes looks like this because of the cotton in the air.


Robyn and I had our date in April. I was a little behind on dates, but no one seems to mind a date on an unscheduled day. We went and did the Ropes Course and Robyn creamed me in air hockey after. We finished the date with some Menchie's.



Teen Author Boot Camp happened. It is such a great experience for the girls, if not a bit expensive. June is well into writing her first book, and Robyn starts a new one at least once a month. I think it is good to use their creative juices and write. And there are plenty of books to look at and learn from.


Look at these cute girls.


It was fun. When I dropped them off in the morning, there was a guy staggering around dressed like Jack Sparrow. He did a pretty good rendition. Then in the evening, when I picked them up, he was redressed as another famous character. Recognize? He was so nice to take a picture with the girls. You could tell that he was running through his lines. (He did very well when he went back in and sang. Mr. Jackman would be proud.


Here is some Pip love.


She is quite the princess. She just lays around all day and is picked up by one girl after the other. It must be exhausting.


More Pip love.


One day in church, I learned that I can't cross my fingers. Well, I can cross the regular ones, but I can't cross my pinky. (At least not without using my other hand or something else.) Apparently all my kids can cross their pinky. I spent an hour trying to cross my pinky to no avail.


And then somehow we got talking about eyes and Robyn can only cross one eye. What? It is weird. And I know that in the past she could cross two. I have proof. Regardless, check out the weird one eye cross.


Found these two working on a puzzle one Sunday afternoon. Warms the cockles of my heart. (I actually dislike that phrase. I don't want any cockles in my heart. I guess cockles are ventricles, so I do need them, but still...)


Stopped by the library to drop off books. They had their tulips in bloom and it was so beautiful.


Ivory also went to boot camp, but for tweens, not for teens. Luckily, it costs less.


More game nights. We are going to miss Ben, he left on his mission recently.


We made kebabs one night for a special dinner that someone bought at the scout auction. Tyler had the girls help make them. Look at the faces. Amazing.



And finally, one FHE, we took a drive and ended up at the temple. It is really pretty at night. It was a good way to end April.


No comments: