Friday, August 24, 2012

Silliness Runs in the Family

June has mixed up some words recently that really had me laughing.

We play a 'witch' game in our house sometimes when I want things to be clean, but I don't want the kids to complain about cleaning. Honestly, they love it...I just have to have the energy for it.

Tyler is obviously not around for most of these weird games, but one Saturday the kids were asking if we could play. (See? They are asking to clean. Crazy huh?)

Ivory: Dad, you can play too. You can be another witch.

June: No, Dad would be a wardrobe.

Dad: Warlock?

June: Yeah, that's what I meant.

________________________________________________________

Another time we were in the car debating about why we wear seatbelts.

Ivory: I'll keep the lapbelt on. I'll just take off the shoulder strap.

Me: That strap keeps you safe and helps prevent a concussion in the event of a collision.

Ivory: What's a concussion?

Me: It's when you hit your head really hard and you could damage your brain.

June: Yeah, that's like ambrosia.

(I'm sure she was looking for amnesia, but I kinda like ambrosia, and would much prefer that if we had an accident.)

________________________________________________________

We updated our silly pictures this week. I was supposed to do them on April 1st. That didn't quite happen, but I still managed to get them done in a month starting with the letter 'A.' It counts, right?

Here we are in all our silly glory. Happy Friday. (And yes, I will finish up the other posts soon enough. I am dragging my feet since Tyler took hundreds of pictures at Fete Day.)









3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you guys do silly face pictures. Keeps it real.

meganmushrat said...

I have to admit that the best silly face picture is Robyn's. In fact, it's almost scary rather than silly! I love June's mistakes but such errors in language are not confined to children. I had a culture this week where the source was listed as "gemitalia". It sounds like a get-together for jewelry stores!

¡Vieve! said...

Haha those are great! I love the words kids come up with to say what they're needing to say!