Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jolly Rancher Suckers

This is possibly the easiest treat we have made yet. And all the kids loved them. And the neighbors. And hopefully anyone who I threw a sucker at, because I was so impressed with myself that I practically stood on the corner giving them away. (Seriously, you can ask two women who were headed to Zumba, who ended up with suckers in their car.)

Behold the easiness. First you cover a cookie sheet with foil and parchment paper. Then you allow children to choose color and flavor combinations. (We did three for a large sucker, but two actually look like a normal size sucker.)


Then I forgot to take a picture when we had them all lined up, so I quick opened the oven and snapped a shot.


You cook them at 200 degrees for 5-8 minutes. (The recipe says 5. Mine took more like 9. I never really counted. After five minutes, I just watched them carefully.) You want to take them out when they are melting into each other, but before they are too melty.

Then you quickly, and carefully, press a sucker stick* into each one and roll it just enough to coat it with Jolly Rancher. Then you let them harden back up. It doesn't take long. You could probably take them off the sheet in ten minutes (I did once), but a good half-hour will make sure they are room temperature again. 


Yum.

The kids thoroughly enjoyed.


I guess I didn't really create a treat....I just changed the shape of one. But they sure are fun on a stick.


*I found the lollipop sticks at Funfinity. You could probably get them at a candy supply store. (Sorry, that probably makes them a little less easy to make.)

**The boy in the pictures is Tim, my nephew, who is visiting. We are working on a real smile. He tends to clown around for the camera.









5 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

We loved our jolly rancher suckers! And we loved hanging out with you guys. Lets play again soon! :)

Suzie Petunia said...

We loved our jolly rancher suckers! And we loved hanging out with you guys. Lets play again soon! :)

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Awesome! I will definitely have to try those with my girls. I bet it makes the house smell yummy too! I need to try the soup clouds too.

¡Vieve! said...

Those look awesome, and so easy! I'm totally going to have to make these.

meganmushrat said...

Good luck getting Tim to smile normally - we haven't managed it. Even when he was on Trek, every time they got a picture of him, he was goofing off with a fatuous look on his face. Hard to tell whether he's photogenic or not - he doesn't give it a chance.