Thursday, August 9, 2012

Homemade Butterfingers

On Monday, we were supposed to deep clean the front porch, but it looked okay, and we had errands to run, so we just skipped it. It is also possible that I am running out of steam. School feels so close, and I have been so diligent. But that makes me want to stick with it to the very end.

So Tuesday, I made sure that we were set to go. We made Homemade Butterfingers. They were easy, as in they only took three ingredients, but they were tricky, because you have to do extra things like dip them in chocolate. (But most of the time, if you take a moment to dip something in chocolate, you won't be disappointed.)

This is how they looked pre-dip.


They are just melted candy-corn, and peanut butter. Who knew, right? I did not have exact measurements, so ours turned out a bit more peanut buttery than candy corny, but they were still tasty. Then we dipped them in chocolate.


Then we had leftover chocolate, so we dipped some more stuff. (See? Still not disappointed.)


The best part was eating them, of course. It was fun to find the orange center inside the chocolate.


I took the rest to Tyler's work, because I have a soft spot for Butterfingers, and I knew I didn't need a whole batch. Plus, I had leftover cheesecake to finish off. (Yes, in a competition, cheesecake always wins.)

3 comments:

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Yummy!! You've been so creative with the new recipes you've tried.

meganmushrat said...

Dad took one look at your Butterfingers and started drooling. I have to admit they look pretty darn tasty. Melted candy corn and peanut butter sounds pretty easy. Do you have to use a double boiler for this? I shouldn't even THINK about making any as we are all trying to lose weight. Lucky kids.

¡Vieve! said...

Those look so delicious! I wish I had known that they were in the building, I would have swung on by and taken one for myself!