Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Deep cleaning to the end

I mentioned before that I should really keep my deep cleaning chore going beyond the summer schedule. Looking back, many of the places I tidied or scrubbed could use another overhaul. Entropy...curse you.

And this week, I left the biggest beast for last. THE GARAGE. Duh, duh, duh.

Okay, I didn't even bother doing that much in there. I know for a fact the car is not getting back in until we get a shed. There is just too much stuff. But I did hit a case lot sale* recently and bought a few more food storage items. They needed to go out to the garage and I wasn't sure if I could get to the shelf, let alone stock it some more.

Here is the shelf.


And here is the stuff blocking the way.


I was impressed that I managed to get nine more cases of stuff on that shelf. And I am even more impressed that we actually have some food storage accumulated. We are woefully shy of having a good supply of water, but that will come in time. This is sure better than nothing.


And I had to make a path to get there of course. Granted, I also had to put stuff back when I was done, so it isn't an open space, but it feels much better.


Clean sure does make me happy.


*p.s. I should mention that I found the case lot sale when we went to a Patient Appreciation Lunch at our Dentist's. (The grocery store is next door.) They (the dentist) had burgers and soda and were giving away prizes every so often.

And we WON!! Kinda.

They had all these different prizes, and I would have loved a Kindle, or a Flat Screen T.V. Instead, we got an Oral B super toothbrush. It is one of the very fancy ones with different heads, and a timer thingy. I was curious enough that I looked it up on Amazon.com. It is worth over $100. Wow, no stingy brushing here.

I can't download books to it, but hopefully we will have some brighter smiles and less cavities around here.

2 comments:

Scott and Svetlana said...

That's awesome that you won, even if you can not download books on it. Winning is fun :)
I live you food storage it looks really good, which reminds me of our food storage... gotta re-start doing it again. And water, it is the scarriest part of food storage that I can not figure out yet, so if you figure it out please share your ideas.

¡Vieve! said...

Yay for a victory of winning, even if its for a toothbrush. Your house is going to look so awesome when the summer is over, it's already so clean!