Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Swifty

(October 26th, 2023)

I don't consider myself a 'swifty.' I like some of Taylor's songs, but I'm not obsessed and I couldn't tell you the name of more than two of her albums...until now.

Now I could probably tell you four. (I have such a bad memory.)

When Taylor Swift was on tour, I heard about people going to the concerts, but I had no idea when and where they were. I live a fairly Swift-free life. Then she goes and makes the movie, which is a cool idea. So much cheaper than going in person and you get a close approximation of the real deal.

I probably would not have paid money to go to the movie. Well, I didn't pay money. Caroline loves Taylor Swift and Jason bought out the theater for a birthday present to her. She asked me if any of the girls wanted to come. Ivory would have loved it, but she was busy, so I took Beau. It sounded like a fun evening. I don't mind Taylor Swift, but I LOVE Caroline. 

We went to dinner at a fancy pizza place. I've already forgotten the name of that place too. Pizza 712 or something. It was actually super tasty. I feel bad that I didn't dress up more. It would have been a good excuse to buy something with sequins. 


The concert/movie was super fun. I loved the costumes and the back up dancers. The whole thing was well choreographed and executed. Taylor can sure put on a performance. I even got out of my seat and danced at one point. (Because Caroline said I had to.) I'm really glad I brought Beau. She knew the lyrics to every. single. song. Impressive.


It was a really fun night. In the end, I'm not more or less of a fan than I was before. But I'm glad I got to see the show.

No comments: