Wednesday, January 4, 2023

December Chatbook 2021

Let's sing praises that 2021 is safely in the books. I didn't leave it out just because I got behind. We made sure to include all the fun adventures we had. Granted, you'll never be able to find the posts in the blog books since nothing will be where you expect it to be, but that's how it is. 

Let's wrap up that wonderful year with a chatbook. (Like we would do otherwise.) Gotta make sure we document all the random.  

Please count how many peace signs you can find June making in this post. 

Daisy didn't do this mask at the cabin, but it sure is a great picture.

I don't really have to say anything about this picture. It is pure awesomeness.

I think Ivory took this picture while she was at the temple. I think it is so lovely.

We attended Christmas Around the World. It has been a long time since I've been to it. Maybe June mentioned it since she was out at BYU often? It was really neat, but not something I have to see every year. 


Robyn helped with me a fun display at school. She drew gnomes, we colored them, and then I let the students name them. It was a contest and we chose the names we liked best. There were some great ones.



Christina was in a UVU Institute choir concert focused on the birth of Christ. It was really amazing. I heard a new song that is now one of my favorites. 


We had some snow and the best part is the icicles. I think they look so cool.

The end of 2021 found us doing shopping since June was getting ready to leave on her mission. She still needed a few outfits. We had a great time dressing her up and finding the right attire for the Dominican Republic, which ended up being ironic since she spent the first few months freezing in Provo and Oregon. :)


Nice dice stack. Yep, I still love dice.

June finished up her semester at BYU. She had a blast and even went to a fun dance at the end of the year. It's fun to see her participating in the social stuff. I kind of avoided it while I was there since I didn't really know anyone. But June has great friends.




We tried to grab as many pictures as possible before she was too far away.

We went to lunch after we went to the temple with June. Tyler ordered a salad, probably trying to keep the calories down during the holidays. They brought him the largest salad I've ever seen. It was easily two times the size of our meals.

It looks like June went on a double date with Olivia. I can't actually verify that, but the picture says it was fun.

Oh gosh, I almost forgot about these pictures. When Santa was getting calendars for the girls, he made a huge mistake. He got a seek and find calendar for Pearl. It seemed like a great idea, until the calendar arrived and the calendar was about finding a Marijuana weed. Find Weedo! You can also find other items he's lost, including his bong, lighter, pipe, dugout, and bag of chips. I guess even Santa makes mistakes. Don't worry, he fixed his mistake and no one received the Weedo calendar. Too bad really, that would have been hours of fun. 


Ivory and Pearl went to Color Me Mine. Ivory made a cute pitcher for Annie. And Pearl made a cute mug with little watermelons.


June had an sweet bruise on her leg, left over from snowmobiling. She may have taken a tumble or two.

Robyn does a great job cutting Dad's hair, and I love having a break, since I have never felt completely comfortable doing his hair. I'm always happy to pass along the job.

The HIVE group had a fancy night out. We went to a posh restaurant and A Christmas Carol at the Hale. It is fun to get dolled up and go out with friends. I may have to make a fancy tradition in the future.



Nova makes a pretty good pillow.

Robyn was still in school and doing fun art. She really gets into her work.


One of her projects was an fantastic piece she did on the white board. She clearly put hours of work into it. It reminds me of Chalk the Block, since you know it can't last. But it was truly impressive.



Robyn does some really fun pieces. This was a DTIYS. I think that is what it's called. Draw This In Your Style. She has great style.


For our Christmas Sunday meeting, we all dressed up with a red bow. Even Tyler had a little bow lapel, that was an earring. :) The second picture inspired me to change the header on the blog. It was time, and who doesn't love a picture of pure silly?


This is the 'ugly tree' as the girls call it, but it is my favorite. We add ornaments every year and it makes me happy. The ornament for 2021 was a Grinch for Tyler to honor the HIVE's Grinch Giveaway that is so cool. Sorry, no picture.

The holidays are rough and everyone needs a nap after. I hope you've gotten a few. I can nap after I catch up on the blog. 

There you have it. That's 2021 wrapped up nicely with a bow. 

No comments: