Friday, January 6, 2023

Leaving the Nest

At the end of November, we had a couple pictures of Beau getting ready to move out. Well, it is all official now. Naturally, we helped as much as we could. Tyler went over and helped her build the bed.

Then I took her shopping for some bedding. Pearl and I spent an afternoon picking up a HUGE rug, taking it to her apartment, finding out it didn't fit, and then taking it back to where we got it from. (Sorry Greg.) But we did get the bed put together while we were there.


With a few more touches, I think Beau feels at home. It is really good for her to be in her own space. 



And we still see her all the time. She brings friends over, eats our food, and it just how I hoped it would be when one of the kids left. 

June traveled a bit too far to avail herself of mom's cooking, but she is doing exactly what she should be doing too. 

Oh, and it is nice to have the extra space at home. Beau's room became the wrapping/laundry room. And I find people in there all the time. 

I can't say that I love the birds leaving the nest, but it is part of life and I do love to see them grow and use their wings.