Monday, June 5, 2023

His House, Our House

(May 30th, 2023)

The Saratoga Springs Temple is finished and they are currently doing their open house. I scheduled a time for us to go ages ago. I thought it would work better once school was over. So Tuesday morning, we all went over to see the new temple. Ironically, we ran into a couple of the teachers from the Junior High. Two teachers, Mrs. Schlosser and Ms. Stanger retired this year and they happened to arrive the same time we did. It was really nice to see them. 

The temple is really beautiful. I love the stained glass and the chandeliers are gorgeous. I also love to see the art they put up in the temple. I recognized several pieces and a few were new to me. It is always neat to walk through with the girls and answer their questions. 

We got a couple photos outside and while we were leaving. 




Then the next day, Tyler and I went to the Jordan River temple, another first for me. It is really pretty from the outside. I saw some of the same art inside that temple as the Saratoga Springs temple. The inside of the Jordan River temple is a little confusing though. We got a little turned around, but the nice thing is that the temple is filled with people who are happy to help you out. 

Back at our house, we got the carpets cleaned. (We've been busy bees this week with cleaning and painting.) We moved all the furniture so the carpets would be clear. Daisy found herself a little cave. She put on her headlight and read inside. :)

The carpets looked great. I like our guy, Mahonri. I've only met awesome people with that name. 


We didn't watch a movie on Tuesday. (See, I told you the schedule was flexible.) But we did make a treat on Wednesday. I tried Lemon Blueberry sweet rolls. They were super tasty. I took some around to neighbors and got rave reviews. I will definitely make those again. 

We went hiking on Thursday, but that is a post in itself since I have lots of fun pictures. But it has been a great first week of summer. 

No comments: