Thursday, June 15, 2023

KLK

Hey amigos!

I don't really feel like writing an email today which is not normal for me but here's some highlights to not leave you in the dark:

- intercambio with Hermana Mera from México, she's AWESOME and it was so fun to learn from her and work with her

- she stepped in a hole and there was a lot of blood but don't worry no stitches were given 

- made lots of good food, I'm finally a chef

- took a member grandma and her eight year old grandson with us to lessons and the eight year old talks like a grandpa and made the people laugh so hard. Then he asked us to let him come back every time we go to visit a certain family

- got fed steamed vegetables for lunch yesterday, that is probably the first time I've been served something healthy in this country 

- got bon

- sang in stake conference, the DR'S gotta be the only place where every sings offkey then everyone tells you it was the most beautiful thing they've ever heard and they're being serious 

- no one came to church AGAIN and I'm kinda tired of this brutal cycle of high high hopes with no payday

I love my area and my friends so much!! It's so painful to watch them not progress but God is good and I have faith that this week is finally gonna be the week where things change.

"Behold, the field was ripe, and blessed are ye, for ye did thrust in the sickle, and did reap with your might, yea, all the day long did ye labor; and behold the number of your sheaves! And they shall be gathered into the garners, that they are not wasted.

"Behold, they are in the hands of the Lord of the harvest, and they are his; and he will raise them up at the last day."

(Alma 26:5, 7)

I actually had a fantastic week, sorry it makes it sound like it wasn't that great. 

Have a fantastic week!


Hermana Cazier





June mentioned the Hermana who stepped in the hole, but she didn't include pictures. However, she sent some to us when she was talking with us on a P-day morning, so I'm including one. You can even see the blood left in the hole. Ouch.

No comments: