Saturday, June 3, 2023

The Saddest Crack Off

(April 17th, 2022 & April 7th, 2023)

I should have gotten this on here a little while ago, but I lost access to Ivory's photos and she had the ones I needed. (It is no small things to keep track of at least 5 people's phones.) But I fixed the issue and I'm back in business. So today you get some Crack Off delights from last year and this.

2022

Last year we had the Hulse's over to crack with us. It is always more fun with extra people and they are like family. Decorating is the favorite part as usual. We had some great eggs.




Tyler did Dad jokes on his eggs. He wrote the jokes on the back: The farmer says cows never understand. "Just goes in one ear and out the udder!" and A customer complained to the boss about an employee with bad posture. I have a hunch it was me.

Robyn's eggs are always amazing. 

Ivory's eggs are adorable.

I did not use paint, so be impressed by the white spots on my red panda.

Daisy's own egg is checking out how awesome her art is.

I loved both of Pearl's eggs.

Here you can see most of them, including Hulse eggs. No one gets as crazy as we do with decorating, but Maggie is an artist at heart and her adorable Eeyore came in second place. So happy for her!


Next, the cracking. If you don't want it spoiled, don't look too closely.

I'm putting a video on here with the pictures, because it was hilarious how many times Beth and Jonny managed to miss a collision. There are some great game faces in this group. We also had a few serious eggsaminations since it is hard to tell which egg cracked sometimes. 








In the end, it came down to Tyler and me. I hadn't lost any eggs, so I had two to compete with, but Tyler beat both of my eggs! Oh the great fall hard.


We had tried different cooking methods this time. Some were hard boiled and others were steamed. When we finally cracked them open, it looked like the steamed ones could have used a few more minutes. Yum.

It was a really good time. It's always great to have the Hulse's over.

2023

This Crack Off was not my favorite. I didn't even attend. I mentioned before that Beau didn't come to hunt eggs in the morning. I thought she might make it for the rest of the events, meaning the Crack Off, but instead she was mad that I was pressuring her when she wasn't up for it. I just thought I was reminding her about the time that she said worked for her. It was a bit of a jumble of communication and it left me not wanting to do anything. :( So I took a bath and let Tyler take over with the kids.

I wasn't there to take pictures, but Ivory did a pretty good job. Here are some of the eggs. Pearl first. (You may be able to tell that we took these pictures AFTER we cracked them.)

Zeke was still around, so he participated.

I loved Ivory's Nigel and Marmalade eggs.

I made the Piggy from Interstellar pig. (We had so much fun reading that over Thanksgiving) And a pickle.

Daisy made Monster's Inc. couple Mike and Vanessa. So, randomly, lots of eggs with one eye.

Even though we were few in numbers, there was still voting and prizes. Here are the deco winners.

Now for some cracking. Thanks for the photos Ivory. 





Guess who won? Zeke. Beginner's luck, I'm sure.

Maybe we'll invite the Hulse's again next year. They always make it a party.

No comments: