Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Day of the Dad

What's up amigos??

Possibly my favorite thing a member has ever said to me: "I could hardly enjoy church cuz I was watching the door the whole time waiting for our friends to walk in!"

Recently all of our friends have been praying for help from God in keeping their commitments. It's so cool to teach them something then see the desire working in them to follow God's will. Especially when they ask Him for that help without us even inviting them to! That's true desire.

We had five people at church and that is a new record for El Dorado. It felt so good and was much needed cuz it's been a long time since I have felt the rush of watching our friends come through the door. I'm especially excited about a couple who are progressing insanely well but also want to know everything before they get baptized... please pray that Maria and Josue will have the faith to act even when they don't have all the answers. The desire of my heart is to baptize them before I leave and the time is ticking fast so all the prayers count.

We had an exchange and I left my area for the first time in two months! It felt really good to leave and have a break for a day. And I got to go explore Nibaje, a land of amazing bakeries and hills. It's a complete maze there and I never had any idea where we were but I loved it. And I got to hang out with Hermana Arizpe, a Mexican hermana who is such a light to everyone around her. God never let us be companions but getting to do two exchanges with her has been a party and I'm grateful I have gotten to serve with her!

Also Happy Father's Day! Lots of people think their dad is the best but there are actually only five people on this whole planet who have the best dad: me and my sisters. I am so grateful to my dad for teaching me how to be an example, a leader, a learner, a driver, a go-getter, a story-teller, a disciple of Christ, a hard worker, and a fun-haver. My dad's a hero to me and I love him so much.

I hope all of you take a moment to talk to your dads and express your love for them --- and I'm talking about your earthly father and your Heavenly Father. Both of my dads are there through thick and thin and they never leave me hanging.

"Our Father in Heaven has given us, His children, much more than any mortal mind can comprehend. Under His direction the Great Jehovah created this wondrous world we live in. God the Father watches over us, fills our hearts with breathtaking joy, brightens our darkest hours with blessed peace, distills upon our minds precious truths, shepherds us through times of distress, rejoices when we rejoice, and answers our righteous petitions. He offers to His children the promise of a glorious and infinite existence and has provided a way for us to progress in knowledge and glory until we receive a fulness of joy. He has promised us all that He has. If all that is not enough reason to love our Heavenly Father, perhaps we can learn from the words of the Apostle John, who said, 'We love him, because he first loved us'".

(Dieter F. Uchtdorf, The Love of God)

Don't forget that GOD LOVES YOU. That's an infinite and eternal truth and will not ever change, no matter what you do or how hard you fall.

Have a semana FANTÁSTICA! I'll catch you guys next week!


Hermana Cazier


pics

1. Lesson with Marleni, Youseline, and Mizca with Richard and Saada's help!

2. Selfie with Hna Diaz cuz I love this girl

3. We made baby empanadas! They were soft good

4-5 Me and Arizpe vibing 


6. I got to teach English class with her and it was so fun! We taught about food and at the end one of the people asked us in broken English if we were going to give him cheese for dinner 

7. Rats are a daily sighting but normally they don't hold still long enough to be caught on camera

8. Exchange pic

No comments: