Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Prom 2023

(April 22nd, 2023)

I swear Ivory started planning for Prom months in advance. She found the perfect dress that was so 'her' and knew she wanted to go with Isaac. Oddly, they broke up right before prom, but they still wanted to go together. I'm glad they did. They still looked so cute and they are such good friends, they still had a great time. 

Since they knew they were going together, Isaac took his time asking. But he did a good job. Ivory came home to find this message in her room.


In turn, she sent him on a hunt. She strung a fishing line all through his house that finally led to her answer. (And some goldfish, since he really likes those.)

For the day date, the kiddos did archery. I want to go somewhere you can shoot zombies. That's so boss.


Then Ivory came home and we fancied her up. Sometimes I look up a tutorial for hair, but this time around I had something in mind and I just went with it. Her hair ended up turning out really cute and people asked where she got it done. (Yep, pat on the back to me.) The butterfly was the piece de resistance. (You have to say that with a french accent.) It was magnetic, so I simply put a clip in her hair and stuck the butterfly on top. Magic.

I told you Ivory planned it all out. She didn't want to wear heels since they get so uncomfortable, so she bought herself some fancy tennies. Comfort meets fashion.

Guys, check out this dress. It was so pink and so lovely and so expensive. And so Ivory. She looked so pretty.

Seriously, the butterfly completes it. 

All the tulle was so fluffy and light. And pink.

Isaac arrived and was adequately stunned. He said he had something prepared to say when he saw her and he forgot what it was the instant she appeared. :) Then they exchanged all the flowers.


It's our tradition to do the tie, if you remember. Ivory could have gone with pink, but she opted for a sparkly silver bowtie. I loved it. 

Ivory's group was just three couples. That's actually a really nice number of people. Not too small, not too big. They got some really cute pictures.










I really love the last one with the girls wearing the guys jackets. Classy.

I think the dance was out at Thanksgiving Point. I never hear much more after they're out the door. I think Ivory's second prom was just as good as her first, and perhaps her feet hurt less by the end.

No comments: