Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Big Fat Piece of Bologna

Robyn came in to help Mom and Dad wake up this morning. We were happy snuggled up, and Robyn pounced on me (Dad), and made quite the fuss of forcing us apart and lying between us. Her mission complete, she blurted, "You guys are like a big, fat piece of bologna—and I'm like a knife!"
A moment passed and Robyn furrowed her brow and demanded, "What's a piece of bologna, anyway?"
Without rolling over Maleen simply retorted, "You're full of it."
Ah. Good morning, world.

PS, who came up with the pronunciation for "Bologna" anyway?

3 comments:

Aubry Macbean said...

Why do kids seem to think that if you and your spouse are next to each other (hugging, cuddling, etc.) that they need to be right in the middle?

meganmushrat said...

Ah, how times have changed. It was almost forbidden to enter my parents bedroom - most especially if they were still in it! And I shudder to think how my dad would have reacted if I had 'pounced' on him.

¡Vieve! said...

I've never heard of people being referred to as bologna before! Leave it to your kids!