Monday, December 3, 2012

Look, I Used the Camera One Day (part 3)

Ivory was losing steam by this time. Her entry is still entertaining though.


November 20th 2021

In the morning we watched The dark crystal. Nothing els happened relly exsiting. 

I'm not exactly sure when she wrote that, but I hope it was in the morning, because we actually did a few exciting things that day. Tuesday would have to be the day of exceptions....because I got the camera out AND it stopped raining long enough to go outside. (I know...here I complained that it rained the whole time. One can exaggerate, right?)

Sadly, Robyn still wasn't feeling that great, so she stayed at home, and I think Pearl was asleep. So, it wasn't a full family excursion. But Karen went with us, and that made up for the lack.

We simply took the kids down to Titlow. It's about as close as Washington gets to a beach. It was high tide, so we didn't find as many little creatures under the rocks as we did last time. But I still think the view is spectacular.


Tyler bought some new lenses (as I mentioned) so we were experimenting. It took me a few tries to get the bridge less blurry. In my first attempt, you couldn't even tell it was a bridge. This one was a bit better.


Granted, it was the closeup lens. Ready for a great closeup? Wow. Here we are.


I love the different angles you can get at the Sound.


Recognize this from Pinterest? It is my own version.


The trains are still there, although they have added a fence. Have I ever told you how I was almost killed on these tracks?? Tyler seemed bored when I mentioned it again. I guess near death experiences aren't his thing.


This is the tag-alongs we got. They all seemed to enjoy the time outdoors, even if it was a little cool.


And more of the Sound. Karen told me the Cormorants are the only bird whose feathers do not repel water, so they have to stretch out their wings to dry. Pretty annoying if you ask me.


Here is a closer shot of the bridge. I really love that bridge.


The sun was trying to slip away as we walked around. I tried to tell him that we hadn't spent that much time together so far in WA, but he wouldn't listen.


Karen got a family photo for us.


And then we all pretended to run away from zombies. (Doesn't Daisy look terrified? Maybe she thought we said puppies, not zombies.)


We walked through the forest a bit and then went home.


All in all, it was a very successful trip. It accomplished the goal of removing ourselves from the domicile. Granted, my parents have a large house, so you don't feel claustrophobic, but there is something great about going out.

After arriving home, it started to rain again. Go figure.



To be continued in...Pearl Rocks Washington (part 4)



3 comments:

Nick said...

Never thought I'd say this but those pictures make me miss Washington, especially Titlow Beach. I always liked watching the trains whiz by. That's scary to think you had a near death experience there.

meganmushrat said...

It all comes back when I read about it and I miss you terribly. I do wish we lived closer together so you could come visit more often - but you have to take life as it comes to you. I have to admit that I have a fondness for the ocean myself, having grown up next to one.

¡Vieve! said...

That looks like fun, and that family photo is awesome.