Monday, July 7, 2014

Zippidity Doo Dah

Hello. Just getting back from another blogging hiatus. It was very relaxing at the same time as being terribly stressful, since I realized that every day I took a break, was another day I got behind. (First world problems.)

So let's not delay jumping right back on the summer train. Choo choo. First stop. Adults pretending they are still young. (What? Pretending. I AM still young. Although my back would tell you otherwise.)

I am not on FB very often. (I try to avoid it regularly.) But one day I happened to see a picture of a friend wearing a harness and saying she was going to zipline with her hubby in Provo Canyon. Provo Canyon? There is a zipline there? This needed more investigation.

So I called a friend and we made plans to surprise our husbands. And by surprise, I mean that I only told Tyler a few days before we went. (He really doesn't like surprises.) But we didn't tell Jonny until we pulled up to the place.

We got all harnessed up. Looking good in our helmets. (Well, most of us.)


We are still a pretty good looking couple. If I used FB, I might make this my profile picture.


They drove us up the mountain a way. There was a small hike to the first platform. On the way we saw a bus station. I'm not sure how else to describe it. In the middle of nowhere, there was a covered glass box with benches inside so you could wait for a bus. Of course, there was no road, and no buses to speak of, but I am impressed with whoever managed to get it up there.

And then it was time to zip. There were five lines all together. The first was the shortest, to give you a good feel for the brake. Here comes Tyler, like a pro.


The other four ziplines were longer and faster. It was so fun. Here is Beth. She just jumped off the platform and is sailing like a champ.


Here comes Jonny. Beth might say he is coming in 'hot.'


Tyler took a video of me reaching the platform. But I still don't quite know how to get videos on here. So just imagine me gliding in with style. (Yes, that is exactly how it looked.)

It was such a great time. If I were made of money, I would go back in a heartbeat. It might make my top ten list of summer adventures.

2 comments:

meganmushrat said...

You lead such an exciting life! Just like when you went skyjumping. You'll have lots of memories when YOU hit old age!

Scott and Svetlana said...

Wow, hot looking couple! I must say you definitely look really young! Zip line? Really? I would never do it, I'm so "chicken" when it comes to such things. I can do ice-skating, but zip-lining? No way! I'm glad you had a great time :)