Monday, July 28, 2014

Week Seven....Not Much Rhymes With Seven

I know that we are actually entering week nine, but let's take a trip back in time. (Precisely two weeks to be exact.)

Our activity for the week was Balloon Ping pong. Instructions say to tape a popsicle stick to a paper plate. Well, I thought a paint stirrer might be better, but we could only find the HUGE paint stirrers. Therefore, we had massive paddles. It was great fun.


Oh, let's take a closer look at those snazzy glasses Robyn is sporting.


She is the first one to try glasses without nose pads. They are cute, but I don't see her wear them often, so I'm guessing she prefers the nose pads too.

K. Back to balloons. (Can you see the epic battle in the background?)


Ivory blew up her first balloon by herself. She was so proud.


Pearl was working really hard. It won't be long before she can do her own. (I leave inflation to the kids because I still am not very good at it.)


Our field trip was to the pool for Daisy's big day. (Not pictured.)

The next day we did chalk drawings. The only problem was the heat. We tried going out early in the day and taking hats.


But it still got hot quickly and most people ditched after putting in some effort.


I still liked our creations. June did snowflakes. (She must have been wishing for a cooler setting.)


Daisy made a nice scene. I really like her kite.


Ivory opted for one of the favorites: The train city. You can see she labeled all the stops, such as gas, clothing, ice cream, etc.


This astronomy scene, done by Robyn, was fantastic.


Pearl worked hard in her area. She is getting much better at drawing recognizable objects. (Just maybe not here.)


I had my own section as well. Can you tell what it is?


I can see the lion, but then again, I drew it. Tyler could only see a fire. No creative imagination, I tell you.

June went out to draw one more snowflake later on and I took a picture because I was not sure how the sidewalk would fair in the evening with the sprinklers.


Sure enough. The sprinklers wiped out almost everything. You could see a little of Robyn's and Ivory's, but all else was a blur. Note to self: Draw in the driveway next time.

Thursday our treat was Butterscotch Fluffernutter Krispy Bars. Whew, that is a mouthful. But a mouthful of deliciousness. They have a peanut butter cookie base, a layer of gooey marshmallow, and then butterscotch krispies on top. It was tricky to get the krispy layer on top of the marshmallow. It was like a weird water bed.


And there were pockets of marshmallow when we cut it into bars. The kids loved them.


Friday we watched The Lego Movie. Everyone loved it and I still hear the kids quoting it. Not to mention, I sang 'Everything is Awesome' for a week straight. Really, it is catchy. As Emmett says, "I could sing this song for hours."

Other things that happened this week:

Tyler tried to fix the camera.
(+) He got a cool new toy to use in the fixing process.


(-) It didn't actually work. We are pretty sure he installed the new LCD screen correctly, which means that there might be more damage to the camera than originally thought. Blub.


We also went to the Bean Museum on a whim one night. Tyler had not been, so we packed into the car and made it just in time for their animal show. We learned many interesting things. We also got to see Cuddles, the snake, Topper, the hinged-back tortoise, and Gwen, a tarantula. They let everyone touch the snake on the way out. (Thank goodness Gwen remained in her cage.) We don't want a repeat of this.

We explored after for a bit and I asked Tyler where he wanted to take a group. Why...by the happiest taxidermied animal in history, he said.


Would you like a closer look at the exultant arctic fox? He really is feeling no pain.


Then we played on the gargantuan elevator.


Tyler tried to look like this statue.


But this guy did a better job. (Tyler took this photo on the sly, and I laughed and laughed when I saw it. Pretty good likeness I say.)


And thus ends another week in the history of Cazier. August is right around the corner. School supplies are in the stores. We can't stop playing yet....







1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

I have to admit, there are times I wish you had been my mother, rather than the other way around. You do make life fun for the girls.