Thursday, December 17, 2015

Fairy Munch

Pearl is getting better at writing, but she still asks for help with her spelling. She found a heart the other day that I had used at church and she asked if she could cut it out. I told her that was fine and she bounded off to her room to do her Pearl things.

A moment later I heard, "Mom, how do you spell FAIRY?" She was yelling from her room, so I yelled back from mine. "F...A...I...R...Y."

"Mom, how do you spell MUNCH!?"

Hoping she wouldn't be spelling too many more words because I didn't like yelling through the house, I answered, "M...U...N...C...H."

A few minutes later, Pearl came skipping into my room. She had the heart that she cut out and she proudly gave it to me. I have to admit that I started to laugh as soon as I saw it.


She beamed and said, "Mom, it says I love you very much."

"Actually, it says I love you fairy munch because that is what I heard you say, but I wouldn't change it for anything." I said.

The other side of the heart said, Mom I do love you fairy munch.

Luckily, Pearl thought it was quite funny and now sometimes she will say that she loves me fairy munch too.

No comments: