Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Ocho Una Visita de la Abuela

Welcome back! I'm still trying to keep up with all the hullabaloo and I'm almost succeeding. Week eight of Summer was so fun because my mom came to visit. We love having her in town. She had a few things she wanted to do while she was here and I think we checked off everything on her list.

First and foremost was Color Me Mine. She literally spent an ENTIRE day painting this awesome rainbow shark. I sent Robyn and June with her to work on their pieces that they hadn't finished from Robyn's birthday way back in April. (But only one blog post back.)


In this picture, do you think Grandma knows it is going to take her nine hours to paint that thing?


Robyn did a lot of work on her project but it isn't finished yet.


June got her pots done in a flash once she decided what colors to use. They turned out so great.


And look at Grandma's shark. He be amazing. He is actually a bank. You feed coins through his mouth.


Here are some of the things we did with Grandma. (Some on her list and others not, in no particular order)

Ice cream at June's work.


We went to see Yesterday in theaters. We all really enjoyed it.

Fancy hairstyling from Pearl. (She painted Grandma's nails gold too, but I don't have a picture of that.)


Temple trip. (I even printed a family name for the first time that Grandma took.)

Book Group. (Daisy picked Eragon. We were able to watch the movie the night before Book Group and we all agreed it wasn't that good. The book was much better.)

Puzzle doing. Pearl is always working on puzzles, but Grandma is good at finishing them.


Lunch at Kneader's. I forgot to take pictures because I was enjoying the Raspberry Bread Pudding too much.

Speaking of treats, we made our weekly treat; peach crumb bars. Ivory did our photography again. She was very happy with her peach pictures.

I cut and peeled a lot of peaches. Then diced them up. Don't they look tempting?



Daisy was a great helper making the crust/crumb topping. (Poor Pearl did dishes for most of the time, but I probably appreciated that the most.)


Peaches on top and then the crumb topping.



Then deliciousness. (Honestly, it could have been peachier in my opinion. Can you have too many peaches?)


An activity without Grandma was swimming. (She stayed home and worked on one of her art projects.) We earned some time out as a family. We have been trying to keep up on our fridge fellow. We made it through the Considerate Chameleon and we were supposed to play glow-in-the-dark ping pong, but Nova is quite the ping pong shark, so we haven't done that yet.


But when we finished out Positive Pelican, we all went swimming. It was a great time.



Sunday brought the art show. We had so many fun projects for the theme: Cartoon Faces. I sadly admit that I originally thought this theme would be less fun, but I loved the projects so much.


I did a drawing of Sally. I was going to do something else with it, but I liked it so much when I finished, that I kept it as is.


June made some awesome beanbag emojis. She stitched them by hand!


I did some stained glass (not the real kind but the cellophane variety) and loved how my Hades turned out.


Daisy made a cute face and named it Arya after a character in Eragon.


Pearl did a character from one of our favorite shows.


Robyn did this uber cool collage. She drew herself in many different cartoon ways. One of my favorites was the muppet Robyn.



One more cartoon Robyn in the chibi style.


Daisy did a water color face. Clearly an elf and very cool.


One more from Robyn. This is like Fireboy and Watergirl in their teenage angst years. I totally love it.


This cute panda was done by Pearl. I adore it and I love that she titled it ZZz...


This Avenger collage that June made is so creative. Only a piece of each thing with the color. Can you recognize each one?


I like this cute Daisy drawing of one our kitchen timers. Is it a garlic or onion?


I had these pieces left over from cutting out Hades. I liked them enough to put them together as another piece.


Daisy made some emojis of her own, but they are magnets. So fun.


Now Grandma. Not to be outdone, she did two pieces herself. The first was a cake. It was so tasty that we ate it the night before. Good thing she got a picture.


And being the woman she is, she put her talents to use and made up a song. Enjoy a Megan original.


We really had a lot of entries this time around. What a popular category. We had Missy and Summer
come over to judge for us this week. (I really like having a guest judge. If we do this next year, I'll reach out more.) Let's see what they deemed worthy.





Can you tell that they are singing for G'ma's award? Funny.

Later that same evening, we had an epic FHE. Grandma wowed us with her knowledge of prophets and temples. She really can cram an amazing amount of info in that noggin of hers. All the girls had a great time.

We really enjoyed our time with Grandma. She had to leave on Monday. We were all sad to see her go. We love you Grandma! Come again soon.


No comments: