Thursday, August 1, 2019

When Your Birthday Post is Pushed Back

Oops. This post is woefully late. I've had it ready to go for ages and have never quite finished it. So today is the day.

Robyn had a birthday back in...well a couple months ago. The day before her birthday we celebrated and went to Color Me Mine. That is always a good time and the kids never fail to find something they'd like to paint. It looks like everyone has picked something.


June planned on painting a simple design, but she couldn't decide what colors to do. She literally sat there the whole time and never chose.


Robyn knew what she wanted to do, but it was quite detailed. Look at her start and how far she got.



We had a good time hanging out as a family. Tyler had other stuff going on that day and didn't want to paint anything, but he took pictures which is still a greatly appreciated service.


We got some of our stuff finished that day and ready to fire.



I never took any AFTER shots. I gave my plate to my mom for Mother's Day and ran across it in Washington when I visited in May. And the other girls...I took a picture just now. (Sorry, not sure where Pearl's piece is.)



For Robyn's actual birthday, we put up some balloons and jellyfish in her room. I hope she felt like she was submerged in the ocean.



Robyn didn't have a long list of wants this time around. So we gave her some 'gimmes.' That means she could choose a gift later. (That has come in handy.) But the girls made her hunt for them. The clues took her all over the house and June took pictures for me.





But she got all her gimmes eventually.



I thought of a gift that wasn't on her list...overalls. She loved them and put them on right away.


Grandma Dargan got her a stash of Dot to Dot books. I thought she might share since she had so many, but she wanted them all. I don't blame her, they were all really cool.


I bought a peanut butter chocolate ice cream cake for Robyn, but dropped it in the cart at the store. The solid chocolate piece on top shifted just a bit, which looked weird but was the perfect place to put her candles. Did you know that Feliz Cumpleanos is 15 letters?


Fifteen candles to blow out.


And then deliciousness.


I think Robyn was very happy with the day (or days). Even though it took a while to reach cyberspace, let the universe know that Robyn had a lovely birthday. And we sure love her. Let's end with a birthday song.


1 comment:

Megan Dargan said...

Looks like Robyn had a pretty good birthday. I'm really glad she liked the dot books. I wonder what she will use her gimmes on - or if she's already used some of them.