Thursday, February 2, 2023

I Fold

(January 2nd, 2023)

This has nothing to do with Poker, although we do play that at our house now and then. Instead, I bought some book folding patterns for Christmas, and we tried them out finally. It actually isn't too hard. It just takes time.

You need to get a book with the correct number of pages. (I went to Saver's, but try the library first. They sell books for cheaper.) If you want, you can skim your book and see if it's clean. Pearl got the most scandalous book. At one point I heard her say, "That's the fifth F-word I've seen." (Mom fail.)

Then you have to mark every page. Have a good ruler and a mechanical pencil. 


Once you mark everything, you fold. Not too hard. And amazingly, it turns into a cool picture. I got mine done first, but the girls weren't far behind. Daisy did the cactus and Ivory did the heart.



Pearl has half her hummingbird done, and Beau...well, she is busy. Maybe I'll do her T-Rex. :) But I'm pretty proud of mine and I put it on display on the piano. It was a fun, easy activity. I'll have to get more patterns.

No comments: