Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Little Mermaid Finally

(January 2nd, 2023)

When the Hale Center announced its 2022 season, I was so excited for all the water stuff. They did Treasure Island, and Singing in the Rain. And they were going to end it all with The Little Mermaid. 

I saw Treasure Island. It was so cool. The boat sat in the water, and people swam around. Lots of people died and fell in the water. They sprayed the deck. So much water.

I saw Singing in the Rain. It was so cool. They did the entire scene with the lamp post and the pouring rain. The guy kicked the water around and did water angels. So much water.

The Little Mermaid was at the end of the year. So far at the end, that it wrapped around into 2023 which is when I got tickets for us. I got tickets for the whole family and then Beau went and started a CNA class and she had class that night. (I mean, that's fair. It's pretty hard to schedule tickets over a year in advance.) So we took Isaac. 

It was so cool. They had floating mermaids, the most colorful costumes, aerial artists, a ginormous whale, and amazing music of course. There was NO water. 

Yep, somehow I thought since it was a show based in the ocean that there would be some water. Nope. But it was still fantastic. Not that we could take any pictures of the play, but here are some of us, which are almost as good. 

There's always the sign out front where you can take selfies. The line was really long, so I snapped one of Pearl in a different one. Almost the same thing right? And Tyler and I took a picture.


We had great seats. (Remember, got them a year in advance.) Here we are all blue. Almost like we were under water. Except, don't worry...no water.


At halftime. No wait, that's football. At intermission, we went out and got our picture. Looks a little fishy. 

So, despite the astounding lack of actual water it was an awesome experience. Got to love the Hale. I think we'll plan on seeing some more plays this year. 

No comments: