Friday, November 6, 2020

The Flour Game

I don't have a better name for this game. I read about it online and it seemed like it would be a fun one to try. The rules are basically as such.

Put a penny in the bottom of a small container. Then pack it with flour. I used a small tupperware and I used a button instead of a penny. (Personal preference.) Then you put a plate over your container and carefully turn it over and remove the tupperware leaving a little flour tower with a button right on top.

Taking turns, you carve away part of the tower. On your turn, you can carve away a sliver or a good chunk, depending on how daring you feel. If the tower holds, you pass it to the next person. If the button falls, then you have to retrieve it with your mouth. Simple enough.

Robyn started off tentatively cutting small slices. 

We passed it around the table a couple times all taking our turns. People got a little more brave carving off even more. It is surprising how much you can get rid of and have it still standing.

I planned to laugh when one of the kids had to retrieve the button, but it ended up being me. Of course.

But I wasn't in it to make a mess. I made my button retrieval short and sweet.

Just a little bit of flour.

The kids were super excited to try this out again. We reloaded the tupperware and started carving. Can you believe this button is still standing?


Our next lucky winner was Ivory. She planned to get the button quickly as well, but she was sabotaged by her funny dad. 

She only got a bit more flour on her face.

Jane was with us this that day. She wanted to try it. Who am I to say no to a face full of flour? She did a great job.

We'll have to play this game again another day. You are welcome to try this at home.

No comments: