Sunday, December 11, 2022

A Night in New Orleans

(November 18th, 2022)

Mega Concert is quite the event at the High School. Usually, it is in the Spring, but they switched some things around and did it in November this year. That doesn't give the students a lot of time to pull it all together, but I think they did an amazing job. 

The theme was A Night in New Orleans because they are going to New Orleans for their Choir Tour in April. I would not say I'm a huge jazz fan, but there are many songs that are really catchy and in general, it is an impressive genre of music that has brought to light hundreds of fantastic voices and melodies. I curled Ivory's shorter hair for the concert. She looked so pretty.


I only took pictures of Ivory in the large choirs, but the solos and small numbers were probably my favorites. Jada did an amazing solo in a sparkly dress and I could just see her singing in a jazz club. Another couple, a brother and sister, played instruments and sang together. They were stellar. And that can't be easy to go back and forth between playing and singing. Okay, this is a terrible picture of Jada, but it's what I've got.


All the large choirs did a great job. They had an opening number where everyone sang. Ivory was off to the side.


Acapella choir was really great. I really liked their costumes. They were all dressed in black and blue and it looked pretty chique. Jane had a fantastic solo in the beginning of one of their numbers. 




The one I decided to put on here is Hungerin' in My Soul. It is just a bonus that Tyler fell down and I caught it on video. Watch the men at 00:33 and you'll see him.


There was an all girls number that was really sweet. They sang What a Wonderful World. Ivory sat far enough down on the stairs that I almost couldn't see her.


They ended the whole performance with You are My Sunshine. Everyone wore shades of yellow. It was a super happy number. 



Great job everyone. Even Granny V got to come watch. She thought she was coming to a dance performance and was surprised with singing instead. Don't worry, dance will come later.


No comments: