Thursday, December 29, 2022

Underneath the Tree

Sleeping under the tree is definitely a tradition now. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but I support it, as long as it isn't on Christmas Eve. Sometimes kids are under the weather (instead of the tree) and then it doesn't happen for everyone. I couldn't really find Ivory in the pictures from last year, so maybe she was not feeling the best. Or maybe she gave up trying to share the couch with June. (They often try to pile on there together, with only marginal success.) But it looks like everyone slept pretty well.





This year was even better. Daisy took down mattresses and made up the beds all pretty. (She really could host a little Bed and Breakfast). Isaac and Analena were there too, although Isaac didn't stay to be turned into a pumpkin.


We played a couple games and did some word searches. I think Pearl doesn't want to be left out.


They even let me read a story or two. I tried the Three Trees, but it is literally impossible for me to get through that book.

I caught Nova yawning, but it looks like she might take a bite out of Pearl's face.

Ivory was definitely there this year and check out her cute henna. It's a mud puddle with little dog prints leading away. So cute.

Everything looked so comfy, even I wanted to try out a bed. But no parents allowed. That is the rule. 

It also means I get more sleep than they do and then I'm up earlier and able to take pictures in the morning. Ivory seems comfortable.

That blurry blog in the corner is Beau.

I think the mattresses were the perfect idea. No one even used the couch. And even Analena and Pearl seemed to sleep well. Good thing they are both tiny. 


It was really nice to have everyone there since we left for Idaho the next day. Stay tuned for some Idaho adventures...

No comments: