Monday, December 19, 2022

Drawing the Line

This week was AMAZING!!

I have such an amazing compaƱion. I love her so much!! Hermana Lee came into the country on the same day as me and I've always thought she was cool but know I know for a fact that she's cool. We get along so well and we both love working hard but not doing it in a boring way. We have already had so much fun together and I'm so excited about the rest of the transfer. Slash already sad that we're a sixth of the way through it already.

We worked so hard this week! It felt so good. Moca needs some hard work to get it back to being a progressing area. But we're already finding escogidos, working HARD, and seeing milagros!! 

We have four hermanas in our house and it's SO FUN. I'm partying with Hermana Lee and Hermana Bingham (my hermana lider comp) is training an epic greenie named Hermana Micheli. She's so cool! And it's so fun to have a new person in the house and reremember how new and exhausting everything was that first week. The shower situation isn't even as rough as I thought it would be with only one bathroom.

It feels so good to work hard. I don't have many exciting stories this week but we had a lot of good lessons where the Spirit was THERE. Somebody told us she felt a peace when she prayed to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet. Our friend Victor (I don't know if you guys remember, but a couple weeks ago we fasted for him to be able to come to church) has Christmas off and will be there! Same with our friend Joliffe. What a Christmas miracle that Christmas falls on a Sunday. Lissaury went to stake conference on Sunday, and when it ended she told us that officially, she wants to start preparing for her baptism right away.

We contacted a family playing bingo yesterday and they told us to come back and tell them about Jesus tonight, then we'll play bingo. Epic.

We went to the bakery, BON, dominoes, and the Venezuelan restaurant since we had no food in the house. Then I remembered I should probably be saving money to go on exchanges with my hermanas... oops.

Also, remember how I said there's four hermanas in our house now? Our area had to be split in two and of the four of us, I'm the only one who knows anything about Moca. So I had to draw the line. That was stressful. That was definitely the most stressed I have been during my mission. It felt like there was so much riding on this. Where did I even start? How would I know if there were people in one part who needed specifically us, or specifically the other hermanas? How could I possibly make it fair between the two areas? I was stressed about it for days but lots of prayer happened and eventually I drew the line. As soon as I finished I was filled with peace, so I think that means I did okay.

We had our ward Christmas party. By "we had it" I mean that even though it was supposed to start at 7, we left right before 9 and it still hadn't started... I love Dominican time. At least they gave us food and I found out that pastel en hoja (cake in leaf) is not good. 

Everything I've written so far is just unimportant stuff about my week, but remember what actually IS important. Jesus Christ is our Savior. He died for us so that we can have be happy. Joy isn't joy unless Christ is involved. Love isn't love unless Christ is part of it. Remember that and make Christ part of your Christmas.

"And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God. And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people... that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. ... And now behold, this is the testimony which is in me."

Merry Christmas!! 

Hermana Cazier


Here's a bunch of random pics. Hna Lee has the braids






No comments: