Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love Letter (kinda)

Dear Pearl,

Okay, now that I have gotten the car seat ready, the clothes washed, the bassinet set up, etc. you are welcome to come early. I know that would not be the trend of the Cazier girls, but Daisy somehow figured it out and do you want her to be smarter than you? I didn't think so. She is already the 'tall' one and she shouldn't get all the perks.

Also, I got my pedicure today, so now that the really serious stuff is taken care of, GET HERE!!



I do appreciate that since you haven't bothered to actually make an entrance, you move constantly to let me know you are there. That thing you do where you stretch and stick your feet in my side is especially handy. I can't imagine that you are comfortable in there because I am certainly not comfortable out here, but I will be kind enough to let you stay for one more week. Then no more Mr. Nice Mom. You are officially out of time next Thursday. I feel I am being overly generous as is. If you deem it worth your time to arrive in a prompt fashion, I promise to love you just a tiny bit more than all your sisters for at least a week. (By then I will be so sleep deprived that I can't be counted on to keep my promises.)

So there you have it. Everyone is very excited to meet you. Ivory can not figure out why you aren't here since I clearly told her you would arrive after her birthday and it is clearly after her birthday now. (She's four, what can I say?) Even Daisy will probably like you...probably.

Love,

Your Mom

p.s. In the case that you have no control over getting out and it is really up to my body to make the first move, then I apologize in advance. My body has never really figured out how to go into labor. I really think Daisy was a fluke, with kind nurses who let me stay at the hospital. As things stand, you are probably in for another week of smooshedness. What can I say? Just remember that this hurts me more than it hurts you.

6 comments:

Heather A said...

My body doesn't know how to go into labor either. Hope she does decide to get here soon though! I'll be thinking about you!

Emma Jo said...

Yes soon soon soon!! For all of your sakes, but mostly yours. The suspense is just killing me! I love new babies coming into darling families, especially baby girl families! Good luck, your toenails looks adorable and perfectly ready!

erin said...

love the toes!!! i need to do that next time. i hope she comes soon ... but she might be waiting to be a march baby ... or for the weekend! can't wait to see pictures of her!

Emilie said...

I can't believe how the time has flown (for me I guess!) I can't wait for you to have your new sweet little one, hang in there!

Alissa said...

Eviction notices work! (At least mine did!)

Libby needs her new friend Pearl!

Good luck!

¡Vieve! said...

Cutie cute toes!