Thursday, February 25, 2010

Salad

So, we have been doing the food co-op for a few weeks. I definitely feel like we have added many more fruits and vegetables to our diet. But nothing prepared me for tonight. Given the choice between ten pieces of sweet potato or salad, Ivory opted for the salad (since she had tried cucumber with Ranch earlier and enjoyed it).

Then she proceeded to eat three helpings of salad!!!

Basically, I think she likes the dressing (she mixes Ranch and Italian), but that does not discount the fact that she also consumed quite a bit of spinach, romaine, and a few carrots and tomatoes.

In true Ivory fashion, she thanked Daddy numerous times for the delicious salad and then requested it for breakfast.

I am super impressed and a little proud of myself. The non-vegetable eater is producing some healthy habits in her household. Give it up for me!! Too bad I didn't start this years ago, but it is never too late to change. (And make yourself and your family better.)

p.s. Of course when I say that we are adding more in, that doesn't mean that we are subtracting the sweets, evidenced by the load of chocolate donettes I inhaled today. Of course, I did eat an apple first.

2 comments:

meganmushrat said...

Chocolate donuts? I thought chocolate gave you heartburn when you're pregnant? Or are you hoping that Pearl will end up with a 'sugar-high' and decide to come out? We are really looking forward to seeing her in April!

¡Vieve! said...

I totally think that when you eat something healthy, it cancels out the unhealthy thing, so its like you ate nothing!