Friday, March 12, 2010

Narcolepsy Happens

Okay, this one is a given.

But other kids were dropping like flies today. First it was Daisy. (I wish I had taken a picture but I was more concerned about getting her into bed while she was still sleeping.) She fell asleep while she was eating lunch; right in her high chair. I was upstairs cleaning a few things and I came down to find her snoozing with a goldfish in her hand. Clearly I had worn her out. Actually, she probably wore herself out since we switched her over to a toddler bed last night and it wasn't the smoothest transition. Add to that the fact that she has been getting up at 5:45 am for about three to four weeks now. (I am NOT kidding.) She used to sleep until 7:30 and then suddenly, she turned into the devil. Tyler has been the one getting up with her (bless his heart), but now that Pearl is here, I think we are competing to see who can be the most sleep deprived.

Next to fall was Ivory.

She was watching a movie (for the billionth time) and apparently this time around it wasn't holding her interest. She zonked out. So the afternoon was blissfully quiet with just me and Robyn.

I was a little concerned that perhaps Ivory might pee in my chair since I had no idea when she had gone potty last. Sure enough, Ivory awoke crying and I was getting ready to start the bathtub. Instead, she came up the stairs with a killer bloody nose. I'm not sure how it started since she wasn't running around or dancing in her classically clumsy way, but it took a good ten minutes to stop it. She was very distraught (having just gotten up), but what made me laugh was that when she finally became coherent, she was very concerned for her shirt. Grandma had taken her out on Wednesday for her birthday (a little late) and Ivory had picked out some new outfits. She is such a girly-girl. Check out this picture I snapped of her modeling one of her new swimsuits—complete with bracelet, necklace, headband, purse, and flip-flops. (Also, you can just catch the edge of Daisy's face on the side; what a riot.)

Naturally she was worried about the blood she had gotten on her shirt, but I had already washed it out. I held it up to show her and she calmed down quite a bit. What a diva.

So, now everyone is up (okay, not Pearl and that is how I am writing this in the first place) and we are back to business as usual. Daisy is currently destroying something, Ivory is periodically doing something to infuriate Daisy, and I think the older two are watching Barbie's A Mermaid Tale (for the billionth and first time). I love my life.


Emma Jo said...

I was gonna say, pretty impressed with your blogging frequency these days! We don't drop like flies nearly as often as I would like around here...but I did have one trying on bathing suits yesterday. She was very concerned that none of the twenty we have would fit her. Ah the life of a hand me down.

¡Vieve! said...

That picture is adorable!