Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Luscious Lashes

I feel it is good to have a very girly post right after a very manly one. And what is more girly than make-up. (Unless you are in the theater, then I apologize, guys.)

I have been tempted by false eyelashes for a while now. Mainly because the idea of not having to put on mascara, take off mascara, put on mascara, take off mascara, repeat ad nauseam, was very tempting. Tyler would laugh, because I kept asking if I could get my 'nails' done when what I meant was my 'lashes.'

And what with family pictures coming up, it seemed a great time. (Actually, I had pictures scheduled long before, but my friend was kind enough to squeeze me into her schedule the night before, so I could look fabulous for the photos.)

My normal lashes are not long, but not minuscule either. As most lashes, they lighten at the ends and are hard to see without the aid of mascara. Take a look for yourself. In all my glory, I let Tyler take a picture right before I left.


We did take some after pictures, but they weren't good. And I've found it is hard to take pictures of one's own eyes. But with the help of a mirror, this is not too bad.


So, do I like them?? Well, there are pros and cons.


PROS

* I don't have to do anything in the morning. Yes, I might still put a little foundation under my eyes, or some lipgloss, but if I didn't, I could be instantly presentable. It is glorious.

* No smudging or smearing. And I can cry at church and it is fine. (Not that I cry at church, or at commercials or reading the Friend.)

* I have gotten a lot of compliments, so I'm assuming they look good.

CONS

* I can't rub my eyes, so if I get water in my eyes, it is very uncomfortable. Plus, I feel like when my eyes water or get water in them, they sting!! Is that from the glue? Or what? Which isn't encouraging to think glue is getting in my eyes.

* I can't get un-fancy. That may sound weird, but sometimes when I am chilling in my pjs, or running in the mornings, it seems weird to have my lashes look like I'm headed for the red carpet.

* Oh, and they are kind of expensive. But I don't color my hair, do my nails, whiten my teeth, or anything else that I can think of, so I am allowing myself something.


I can't imagine having them forever, but I sure like them for now. I would like to think that it is more functionality than vanity that brought me here, but really deep down, it all goes back to vanity. I honestly don't love how I look without make-up. It is the curse of having worn it for so long. And when I don't wear make-up, people ask if I am sick, or just really tired. (Yes to the tired thing, but really it is a nice way for them to say...wow! You look horrible.)

So for now, I'll just glory in putting my mascara on the shelf and giving it some time off for good behavior.


4 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Ooh, so tempting!! They do look lovely...tempting indeed.

Scott and Svetlana said...

You look fabulous-busy-mama!
I have worn fake lashes (they lasted 2-3 months) back in Russia, a friend of mine worked at a beauty-pretifying-place. I don't really remember sting, but again each beauty place uses it's own glueing-sticking ideas. Neither I remember water problem, but again we are all different in sensitivity. I do agree they are pricy! But again, you look fabulous!

¡Vieve! said...

How fun for fake lashes. I don't know if I could ever get them, but they look great!

Raging Stallion said...

*Hawt*