Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Finders, Keepers

Daisy found her feet.



Ivory found a new way to dress,



and a good place to nap.



Tyler found June telling herself stories at bedtime. Apparently this also involves walking around on her bed with a sheet over her head.



I found my earring. There is a little more story to this one. I lost it when we were leaving Idaho. The girls decided that they needed one more hug and kiss and as I was handing Robyn out of the car to Tyler, she brushed against my head and pulled my earring out of my ear. It didn't hurt, but it was gone. It was dark, so I found a flashlight but what would normally show up due to the fact it was shiny was being eclipsed by all the other shiny stuff (a.k.a. the ice and snow). I searched diligently and even said a prayer (I have been known to find almost anything with a prayer—the Lord must feel sorry for me when I lose things). I extended my search zone and eventually found the back to the earring (not so helpful). By this point, I figured it could be anywhere; after all, it is small and it could have landed on Robyn's clothing and been carried inside. I decided to give up the hunt. I called Vicki outside, showed her the general area where it had been lost and asked her to look in the morning. Then, as I rounded the front of the car, I looked down and there it was. Yay! I picked it up and the post broke off in my hand. Dang it.



I should mention that these were a gift from Tyler when I had Daisy and we already know my terrible history of losing/breaking jewelry he gives me when I have children. I was truly saddened, but at least I had all the pieces so we could put them back together right?
Well, the next day, Tyler brought my earring back to me and it was as good as new. Wow, that was fast. I asked how he fixed it so quickly, but I don't think I got a straight answer. The truth was revealed later.



Yes, that is three earrings you see there. He actually bought me another pair. This is probably not a bad thing knowing my history. I can lose another one and still have a full set. He must really love me.

Speaking of love, I found it is still fun to kiss in the snow.



Hope you find something fun this week.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

I do love reading your blogs, and Dad loves them too. He goes all warm and fuzzy when he sees things like that picture of you and Tyler kissing in the snow. I wish I was limber enough to 'find' my feet the way Daisy has! Dad laughed and laughed at the picture of June telling bedtime stories. It doesn't take much to amuse him, does it? Thank you for sharing you life with us.